Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Climate Control Light Bulb Replacement (2nd Gen)

Old 10-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Climate Control Light Bulb Replacement (2nd Gen)

Ok, well - a while back the bulb in on my Climate Control dials on my 2006 Taco went out... I have never found the time to replace it.... That said, I need to know the part number for the bulb... because I am going to do it now. It is the one on the far right dial of the three in the center of the dash... The one that controls where the air is flowing to (floor, face, defrost)...

Any ideas?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes i would be curious as how to do this as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Replace with LEDs. They should be the same as 1st Gen
www.superbrightleds.com
Old 10-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
#74 Wedge bulb
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sure. I dont see why they would change it. Check out www.sylvania.com to make sure
Old 10-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Mine's been out for about a week now too...

Hopefully the bulb size is #74, because i just ordered some...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Mine's been out for about a week now too...

Hopefully the bulb size is #74, because i just ordered some...
Haha i hope so too. I should be. It is probably the most popular interior bulb
Old 12-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
the #74 Wedge bulb did not fit...
I went the dealer to see how much the OEM bulb was... and they wanted $14.95 for 1 bulb!

I'm gonna be ordering these and see if they fit:
http://www.oznium.com/corvette-c5-led
They look like the same exact thing and many other Toyota/Scion owners have tried them with good results... I'll let you guys know if these do the trick...
Old 02-14-2009, 03:32 AM   #11
cpac97 is on a distinguished road
cpac97's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, Guys Here is the deal. I Have a 03 Dblcab Tacoma. I just checked all the facts and found out that you can only get the stock Climate control bulbs from Toyota. I just check out my local dealer and they are $7.00ea x3 = TO MUCH. So I ordered the TYPE 74 L.E.D.s from superbrightleds.com and tried to install them. We’ll I had to drill the stock twist caps out to make more room for the bulb to fit and for enough wire from the bulb to wrap around the twist cap. The main thing here to Know is the TYPE 74 LEDs will fit and work but a regular #74 bulb from autozone Is to large to fit in the stock twist lock. You also MUST USE THE STOCK TWIST LOCKS, #74 TWIST LOCKS WILL NOT FIT, AND YOU’LL HAVE TO DRILL OUT THE STOCK TWIST LOCKS WITH A # 5/32 DRILL BIT. The LEDs are Around $1.19ea
Old 03-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #12
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
The exact same bulb you guys were talking about just went out on my truck- they far right knob, that switches where the air blows out at.

WTF.

Good reporting cpac but to hell with drillin I want plug an play :P

Guess I gotta go to the stealership for the part
Old 12-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
Sometimes mine goes out but I've found if I lightly hit the controls it will come back on.
Might be worth a try...
What the hell is wrong with these things?

My temp selector and AC button were both not illuminating. I pulled the climate control panel and when i turned on the key again to see which bulbs were out the were all working again?! Did I secretly buy a GM?!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 06 Tacoma that i bought in Dec 2010 and had the dealer change the climate control light before i bought it, which they did. Now 6 months later that same damn light is out again. the far right knob, what is up with these.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #16
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised these aren't LED to begin with....aren't the tach/speedo LED's?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #17
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Well it looks like I will be heading to the stealership to get a new bulb. Damn, I was hoping autozone bulb would work
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #18
newtacoowner is on a distinguished road
Name: Ed
newtacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen climate control bulbs

I am a new 2nd gen Taco owner and 1 of my climate control bulbs is out. mine is the one for the fan speed (far left) everyone seems to have problem with the far right. Maybe he prev. owner of my Taco moved the bulb. Anyway the I found in a toyotanation.com forum that a member there found the correct stock bulb to be a KT928. I haven't tried this bulb yet but from I read it is direct plug and play no drilling like the for 74 wedge. Hopefully this helps people. The bulbs are also reasonably priced unlike the stealership. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...r-gouging.html
Old 02-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #19
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
The part number is p/n 84999-10090 for stock replacement.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
mhagie is on a distinguished road
Name: Merle
mhagie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TacoTrD View Post
The part number is p/n 84999-10090 for stock replacement.
Is that for amber or clear color bulb.
Merle