Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dealer won't fix rust on my 09??

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer won't fix rust on my 09??

I brought in my 09 Tacoma (58'000mi) that is still covered under the platinum extended warranty.

Issue // (Dealer excuse for not fixing)

Large rust spots on rear chrome bumper // (the bumper is not a part of the body and thus not covered by the rust warranty)

Antenna fell off the other day, literally fell over onto the hood while I was turning a corner. Upon further inspection (I stopped to pick it up) and you can see the stud the antenna threads onto has rusted right through to the point that it failed. // (Not covered as it isn't sheet metal)

Rust spots on door panels // (Stone chips and they won't fix it. I'm baffled at this one as its on the upper door panels of both sides of the truck, not line of site to the tires)

Anyways I'm pretty ticked that I have an 09 truck showing rust in multiple spots, and has no radio reception. I'm assuming this was just a bad dealer experience, however am looking for any advice from ppl on here?

I'll try to take a few pics tmmr and upload them, the antenna will blow your mind. I pulled the antenna off 2 work trucks (mid 90's) and they have 0 rust where mine rusted right off???
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Toyota replaced my rear bumper, because it was showing rust.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Doesnt sound good . Like it's a Salt water sinker .
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Went through the same thing with my truck/dealer.

This is your friend:

1-800-331-4331
Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
a89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the sheda89aries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
a89aries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Went through the same thing with my truck/dealer.

This is your friend:

1-800-331-4331
Calling Tmmr
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by a89aries View Post
Calling Tmmr
Good luck too you!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
utahskierdave is on a distinguished road
utahskierdave's Tacoma Gallery
how about some pics?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Toyota replaced my rear bumper, because it was showing rust.
Mine as well. I then plasti-dipped it to avoid going through that again (plus the chrome bumpers look hideous, IMO). I would try another dealer if possible.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Well Alex.... I believe this is a clear case of neglect. I will dispense the same brilliant advice some of the Toyota worshipping morons gave me when mine rusted.

1. The truck is over a year old and this is an obvious case of neglect, don't you know how to wash your truck and use chrome polish? Your fault 100%

2. You live in the heart of the rust belt. They salt the roads heavily there, no vehicle can possibly last more than a few months without rusting to shit.

Here's an actual nugget of non-BS

3. You are being misleading to us all, your truck was bought in the states, and carries an American warranty, and you are in Canada. The bumper is covered under the "comprehensive" warranty. Toyota would be bankrupt if they had to offer more than a couple years rust coverage on their vehicles.

HAHA - That's what you get for being a goof-ball poser Toyota Kool-Aide drinker.
Something for you to think about.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
Actually if the body rust on the outer surface of the car is causing the paint to bubble (rust under the paint) then no amount of washing would help that, however if you have paint chips that are rusting, then while washing still wouldn't help, you could have touched it up with paint to avoid that probelm.

As for the bumper, if it is actually the metal under the chrome rusting causing the chrome to lift/peal then polishing would not have help.

I can understand the undercarrage of the truck rusting due to neglect if the roads are salted though.

Take it as high up as you can and hopefully someone will listen!

just my .02.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to go read the warranty to know if they are denying you what's rightfully yours, or just enforcing Toyota's shitty warranty terms. Either way, you should call customer service and bitch about it. An antenna stud and bumper is a pretty reasonable expense for Toyota to keep a customer.