Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Clutch / TOB replace under warranty??

Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
Clutch / TOB replace under warranty??

So my TOB has been squeaky for over a year now....sometimes worse than others, never with the clutch pressed all the way in... just like everyone elses. I've asked toyota about it a couple different times when getting 5k mile services and they said that it was "within acceptable limits" or something to that effect. I also have been experiencing what feels like a "hot spot" or something with my clutch... sometimes when i start going in 1st (worse before truck warms up and in humid/wet weather) i get what almost feels like axle wrap or tires chattering but its in my clutch. Anyway thats my symptoms. Any suggestions or advice on how to possibly get this stuff taken care of before my powertrain warranty runs out??