1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch / TOB replace under warranty??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bryan07sport, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Sep 12, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Smyrna, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD off-road.
    Bilstein 6112/5100. Icon progressive AAL. Overland Torque Tune. Toyota roof rack. Toyota bed extender. Gator trifold tonneau. Bora .75" wheel spacers. 265/75r16 tires.
    So my TOB has been squeaky for over a year now....sometimes worse than others, never with the clutch pressed all the way in... just like everyone elses. I've asked toyota about it a couple different times when getting 5k mile services and they said that it was "within acceptable limits" or something to that effect. I also have been experiencing what feels like a "hot spot" or something with my clutch... sometimes when i start going in 1st (worse before truck warms up and in humid/wet weather) i get what almost feels like axle wrap or tires chattering but its in my clutch. Anyway thats my symptoms. Any suggestions or advice on how to possibly get this stuff taken care of before my powertrain warranty runs out??

Products Discussed in

To Top