Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone have experience with these, or think they are worth it?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Paczowski123 is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Paczowski123's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have experience with these, or think they are worth it?

My headlights are beginning turn yellow on the top and have a lot of scratches on them. I dont like the idea of having them cleaned or buying any of that headlight film removal stuff b/c the mildew always just comes back.

I want the black background headlights but do not trust myself to open them/bake them etc. and think the yellowed lens would look bad. I found these has anyone had experience with them? Not one to buy cheap parts, or skimp on quality, but all of the pairs seem to be this price accept for a few?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-08...item5ae24be61e
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Members on here are running them without issues. There have been reports saying they're not as high quality as the OEM but plenty of memebrs have them.

FWIW, the restore kits will remove the yellowing and it shouldn't come back unless the headlights get scratched up again (which would happen even with your new headlights eventually). The BHLM where you bake your lights isn't too bad to do yourself in a day. If you do get new headlights, you could probably sell off your old ones and recoup some of the money.

Also, check your local laws, those have a clear side reflector, not sure if you need orange in some states or not. Just something to be aware of.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Paczowski123 is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Paczowski123's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys..i may just see if i can try and bake them, hell if i break them im in the same position as buying new ones. and yes i did mean oxidation,just never seen a kit that works as well as id like, nor return it to totally clear.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
OP I would try the 3M headlight restore kit. I've used it personally on my old honda civic and it made the headlights look perfectly new
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
rwalker is on a distinguished road

Name: Rian
rwalker's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set of those. The light is one of the lamps wouldn't adjust. The beam just pointed down. It became very hard to see. When I contacted the seller he basically said I was SOL.

So I did the BHLM on my stock headlamps. It was a bit easier than I thought but just be careful to not melt the lenses.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
OP I would try the 3M headlight restore kit. I've used it personally on my old honda civic and it made the headlights look perfectly new
I have done this also, worked great.