1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone have experience with these, or think they are worth it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Paczowski123, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    Paczowski123

Paczowski123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kennesaw
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner trd off road
    OME 3" Lift, Kennesaw Mountain Off Road Wincher Front Bumper w/ 5" Integrated off road lights, Kennesaw Mountain Off Road Multi Carrier Rear Bumper w/ swingout tire carrier, Jerry can, and hi-lift mount, Sof-topper rear cargo cover. Galaxy DX44V CB Radio W/ 4' FireStikII, Rock Sliders
    My headlights are beginning turn yellow on the top and have a lot of scratches on them. I dont like the idea of having them cleaned or buying any of that headlight film removal stuff b/c the mildew always just comes back.

I want the black background headlights but do not trust myself to open them/bake them etc. and think the yellowed lens would look bad. I found these has anyone had experience with them? Not one to buy cheap parts, or skimp on quality, but all of the pairs seem to be this price accept for a few?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ssories&fits=Model:Tacoma&hash=item5ae24be61e

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Members on here are running them without issues. There have been reports saying they're not as high quality as the OEM but plenty of memebrs have them.

FWIW, the restore kits will remove the yellowing and it shouldn't come back unless the headlights get scratched up again (which would happen even with your new headlights eventually). The BHLM where you bake your lights isn't too bad to do yourself in a day. If you do get new headlights, you could probably sell off your old ones and recoup some of the money.

Also, check your local laws, those have a clear side reflector, not sure if you need orange in some states or not. Just something to be aware of.

3. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    Paczowski123

Paczowski123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Kennesaw
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner trd off road
    OME 3" Lift, Kennesaw Mountain Off Road Wincher Front Bumper w/ 5" Integrated off road lights, Kennesaw Mountain Off Road Multi Carrier Rear Bumper w/ swingout tire carrier, Jerry can, and hi-lift mount, Sof-topper rear cargo cover. Galaxy DX44V CB Radio W/ 4' FireStikII, Rock Sliders
    thanks guys..i may just see if i can try and bake them, hell if i break them im in the same position as buying new ones. and yes i did mean oxidation,just never seen a kit that works as well as id like, nor return it to totally clear.

4. Sep 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    OP I would try the 3M headlight restore kit. I've used it personally on my old honda civic and it made the headlights look perfectly new

5. Sep 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    rwalker

rwalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rian
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Baja TX
    I bought a set of those. The light is one of the lamps wouldn't adjust. The beam just pointed down. It became very hard to see. When I contacted the seller he basically said I was SOL.

So I did the BHLM on my stock headlamps. It was a bit easier than I thought but just be careful to not melt the lenses.

6. Sep 13, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I have done this also, worked great.

Products Discussed in

To Top