LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What would you pay for it?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
What would you pay for it?

Looking at 2005 Tacoma close to my house. DC, 4WD, lift, tires & rims, bull bar, running boards, leer cap, TRD Sport Package, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Navigation with tv monitors in headrest. Auto with only 65k miles. Got the dealer at $20,000 out the door. Would you pay that? If not, what do you think its worth. I believe its a good deal, but just want to get a general consensus, hopefully the image shows up below!

Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i got my 06 with 30k miles for $19k.

i'm for the school of thought that mods dont add that much to resale value. others feel differently.

any idea what lift is on that truck? "lift" could mean anything. some lifts are great, some not so great.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
try and get them to 18. check autotrader.com to see what others in your area are going for.

dont let the lift, wheels, and tires sway you...aftermarket stuff will not effect the resale
Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
TpƐwom
mhuff29 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1LT Battalion S2 SIGINT Officer
Name: Matt
mhuff29's Tacoma Gallery
65K and 20,000 seems a hair high. Check the carfax? Be leary of something already lifted who knows how hard they played? Have an independent dealer take a look at it.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

i'm for the school of thought that mods dont add that much to resale value. others feel differently.

any idea what lift is on that truck? "lift" could mean anything. some lifts are great, some not so great.
Regarding mods, I don't feel they do, but I also look at is that it is already done and would end up modding it anyway, so it saves me a bit of time, plus I am able to finance the whole amount as opposed to pouring money into it.

Not sure what lift it is, I would definitely check it out though before buying it. Given the wet okole seat covers and and navigation and monitors, as well as the leer cap, I would have to imagine that the previous owner had some cash and did things right (atleast I hope)
Old 09-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
try and get them to 18. check autotrader.com to see what others in your area are going for.

dont let the lift, wheels, and tires sway you...aftermarket stuff will not effect the resale
I've actually been scouring autotrader and other interenet sites for quite a while, these tacomas really fetcha premium. They are still asking 16-18k for trucks with over 100k miles. A lot of the trucks I'm finding are silver, and I'm not too fond of it. Tough call :/
Old 09-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

20K OTD (Including T/T/L) is not off-base around here. Plus, you can't compare pricing of access cabs to double cabs...
Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

I agree that those mods do nothing for the value of the truck.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Silver View Post
20K OTD (Including T/T/L) is not off-base around here. Plus, you can't compare pricing of access cabs to double cabs...
Who was comparing?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #10
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree that those mods do nothing for the value of the truck.
I somewhat agree, it NADA's for 22k though. As I mentioned though, almost everyone on here ends up modding their truck, so i look at it as an added bonus. I figured if I bought a truck for 18, unmodded, it'll cost me 2 grand or so to mod it. I guess it just depends on the person and what they are wanting to do with it.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
20K would be getting out ok, but shoot for 18.7 and settle for 19 out the door. If you are set on getting this truck, have it checked thoroughly first and make it clear you're offer is take it or leave it [and that you won't come back and are not interested in any other from them]. You don't want them to know that is the only truck you want.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
you sure its a trd sport? its got the chrome grill lol and the scoop so i dunno what was swapped.

edit: i see everything else is colored match so its a sport.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's. Fair price compared to jersey prices
Old 09-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Ok why did this "coof" guy get banned?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
seems like a pretty fair price to me, and if you planned on doing those mods anyways thats just a bonus anyways!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #16
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Ok why did this "coof" guy get banned?
i bet its a dup acc
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inesshell View Post
you sure its a trd sport? its got the chrome grill lol and the scoop so i dunno what was swapped.

I think so, because it does have the hood scoop. Good point on the grille tho, is there any other way to tell?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #18
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inesshell View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Check carfax and make sure it wasn't in an accident. That's a different grille and headlights, make sure the front end wasn't F-ed up at some point in time. (Or make sure it is actually a TRD Sport and not a dressed up SR5 that they added color keyed stuff to). Check for the sticker on the rear diff, it should say LSD Fluid or LSD Additive, something to that affect. Also, look for a bed outlet.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
Who was comparing?
Aficianado "i got my 06 with 30k miles for $19k."
Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #20
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Aficianado "i got my 06 with 30k miles for $19k."
Oh gotcha. I could find a decently priced access cab, I just like the look of the DC much better. Personal preference

Products Discussed in this Thread