Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

12V DC Heater ?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
TacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really niceTacomaRoamer is just really nice

Name: KenDog.....
TacomaRoamer's Tacoma Gallery
12V DC Heater ?

I had the idea to mount a 12VDC auto heater that plugs into a cigarette lighter in the bed of my truck to keep the dog warm over the winter. I wanted to run it off the existing plug-in but was wondering exactly what kind of converter I would need to use to do this ? I tried some cheap ac/dc converter a while back with no luck. Any input would be great, thnx.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd for future use when I get a cap of my own...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
You want to run it off of "the existing plug-in"? What existing plug-in?
Old 09-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
You want to run it off of "the existing plug-in"? What existing plug-in?
Outlet in the bed of the truck..