Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just needed a jump start, will my truck start back up tomorrow?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
drjohnson36's Tacoma Gallery
Just needed a jump start, will my truck start back up tomorrow?

I just had to get a jump start from a coworker to get home. I didn't leave my lights on, my truck is an 09 purchased exactly 2 years, 3 months, and 7 days ago. I still have the OEM battery. I have work again tomorrow at 5am, do you guys think my truck will start up in 7 hours? Or should I just borrow my gf's car?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
It SHOULD start right up, my other truck dies every so often and i mean dead dead dead no even crank, i jump it and let it run for like 5-10 mins turn it off and its good to go. But i would check latter on tonight to see if it starts before you sleep so you can know if you need to barrow your g/f`s car
Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Check it in the middle of tonight
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
No it wont. You have to blood let a small child on the engine and then stuff kitten in the tail pipes and it should start right up.

If not then I will buy if from you for 1 cup of coffee and the the change in my sofa.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
No it wont. You have to blood let a small child on the engine and then stuff kitten in the tail pipes and it should start right up.

If not then I will buy if from you for 1 cup of coffee and the the change in my sofa.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
I ended up taking the gf's car. I'm gonna stop by the dealer this afternoon. Does the OEM battery fall under the 3yr/36k warranty? Or is it considered a preventative maintenance item?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #7
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
The freshest batteries are available at.....wait for it......Walmart; I guess because they sell so many of them.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #9

EMS:
Sweet thanks. My local dealer has generally been nice with warranty and TSB's, so hopefully they'll come through with this
Old 09-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
This exact same thing just happened to me a week ago. Oem battery only lasted 2 years. My mileage just fell under warranty. Dealer said it was covered and replaced battery with new. Should do the same for you.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #11
saugus is on a distinguished road
saugus's Tacoma Gallery
Might have a leak especially if you installed a radio or something. 2 year old oem battery should not die this fast. Mine is 6 years old and still cranks fine. I would check voltage while off and while on. Then check it again tomorrow and compare any voltage drops. But if dealer will replace it then even better.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Had this happen to me about a year ago on my 09. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it for free
Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine. Unless the battery was completely drained (which you wouldn't have been able to jump), than it should be okay. It won't hurt if they will replace it, but no need to buy a new one.

Amendment: If you do have trouble starting than it is probably not the battery that is the issue.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

Mine would take a jump and start right up. Had to do it twice took it to dealer and they changed out the battery and have not had the issue again.