Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

shudder?

Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
shudder?

tell about this shudder i keep hearing about..
Old 10-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
search it and you'll find alot about it,but nobody really knows what causes it or where it comes from. like luk8272 said its hit or miss, and my luck i would hit it.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
it comes from the hanger bearing. it flexes at take off under initial load, it is a very small problem that u should only feel at initial take off. a lot of trucks with 2 piece drive shafts have it right from the factory especially fords. it is a very over blown problem. some people dont understand u are driving a machine not everything is going to be perfect and it is not something u cant tolerate u barely notice it.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
it comes from the hanger bearing. it flexes at take off under initial load, it is a very small problem that u should only feel at initial take off. a lot of trucks with 2 piece drive shafts have it right from the factory especially fords. it is a very over blown problem. some people dont understand u are driving a machine not everything is going to be perfect and it is not something u cant tolerate u barely notice it.
thanks for the info!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
spend 30k on a truck and 5k to lift 30k truck,it should be perfect. my brother's 4runner had the shudder. my friends 06 with the fabtech was so bad he sold the truck. 10k on the lift and he gave up.the shudders i have seen were pretty bad.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
well there is not much u can do about it. the hanger bearing flexes. thats just the nature of the beast my ford did it before i even lifted it.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #8
boogie is on a distinguished road
boogie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My expereince exactly.I just had a 6" Fabtech installed and the "shudder" is felt under initial load and then disappears at probably less than 10MPH.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the shudder on my stock height 2009. Doesn't bother me as long as it's not messing anything up.