Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Double cab short bed or long bed?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
TOYPARTS is on a distinguished road
TOYPARTS's Tacoma Gallery
Double cab short bed or long bed?

What would you pick, the short bed or long bed double cab prerunner SR5? Ordering my 2012.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
I picked LB and wish it were even longer. I have zero problems parking and occasionally could use more cargo space.

I don't off-road in the truck and occasionally haul a motorcycle and 2 kids with gear.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Sanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the roughSanders17 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Reed
Sanders17's Tacoma Gallery
If your not hauling anything go with the short bed. i personally think it looks better. just an opinion.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Depends on my needs. I have a short bed because I rarely haul anything.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
longbed! the shortbed cant hardly hold anything. my personal opinion the longbed looks better also
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
TOYPARTS is on a distinguished road
TOYPARTS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Do you offroad ?

Do you haul stuff ?
Off road no, I do haul bikes and stuff for working around the house.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYPARTS View Post
Off road no, I do haul bikes and stuff for working around the house.
Longbed for you
Old 09-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Longbed for you
X2 /End thread.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders17 View Post
If your not hauling anything go with the short bed. i personally think it looks better. just an opinion.
x2. the only way I like the long bed is when they are lifted. Short beds look good lifted or stock.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
LONG BED FOR THE WIN!!!! Ok mods delete thread. The op got his answer.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
LONG BED FOR THE WIN!!!! Ok mods delete thread. The op got his answer.
High five
Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
The ? is
Dbl Taco is on a distinguished road

Dbl Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lb Rather have too much than not enough
Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Short bed. Is a foot really worth the extra money...If you're not using it for work, I think not.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
plurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
plurpimpin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Short bed. Is a foot really worth the extra money...If you're not using it for work, I think not.
He's hauling motorcycles. My motocross bikes barely fit in my long bed... this dude needs the extra foot.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
TACOMA 2011
2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about2011TACOMAWHR has a spectacular aura about
Name: aaron
2011TACOMAWHR's Tacoma Gallery
I had my long bed for 9 months and just traded for a short bed I hated my long bed except for when I hauled stuff
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
Supreme Ruler
Snowman11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Snow
Snowman11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
He's hauling motorcycles. My motocross bikes barely fit in my long bed... this dude needs the extra foot.
X2

Shortbed looks better and is easier to park w/o a doubt but I got a long bed and sometimes wish it were longer.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #19
Goldstar225 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tom
Goldstar225's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the short bed. I hunt, fish and camp as well as wood work. If I need more hauling capacity I hook up my utility trailer.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #20
blah blah blah
bayou_fennec is on a distinguished road

Name: John
bayou_fennec's Tacoma Gallery
I picked the long bed after test driving both. Found the ride in the LB much better. Well really, wife and kid found the ride in the LB much better.