Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AC Blows cold. So does my Heat...HELP

Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
poorkid99 is on a distinguished road
poorkid99's Tacoma Gallery
AC Blows cold. So does my Heat...HELP

so, i went to change the bulbs for my climate control. little did i know that the bulbs were easily removable.

I took the climate controls out of the dash and began taking apart the climate control knobs. i did not notice that i could just unscrew the bulbs. anyways, since i put everything back together my ac works great but my heat does not work at all. now, i used the heat about a month ago and it seemed to work fine. so i dont know if i broke something when fiddling around changing out the bulbs or if something happened in the meantime. if you guys can help me out or point me in the right direction for this that would be great.
thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
TacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgs is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoDawgs's Tacoma Gallery
Had this happen a few months ago on mine. Took it in since it was still under warranty and they said some door associated with the climate control system was getting stuck and they unstuck it. I know this isn't much help but it's the best I can do.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
hm, that may make sense. about a month ago the truck would constantly blow super hot air. maybe that door was open.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
sick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant futuresick 3.4 tacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Eric
sick 3.4 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You might have a air bubble in your coolant and that could cause it
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
i noticed that both pipes going into the truck at the firewall are hot.

also, it does not seem like the dial that controls which vents are working is actually working. when i change from feet to defrost nothing happens. it just blows out of every vent. any help would be great
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Navigator has a spectacular aura aboutNavigator has a spectacular aura aboutNavigator has a spectacular aura about

Navigator's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know where it is located on the Tacoma, however there will be a valve either inside or outside the truck near the firewall that controls the amount of coolant flowing into the heater core. The greater the restriction of flow, the closer to ambient air temperature you'll get out of the vents.

On the Freightliners we have at work, this valve is controlled by voltage, rotating the thermostat in the cab regulates the voltage going to the valve and either allows the valve to open, close, or end up somewhere in between.

You're best bet is to locate the valve, and then check the voltage going to it with a multimeter and see if it changes as you rotate the thermostat on the dash.

Someone who works on passenger vehicles for a living, should have more insight.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
ok, so it is actually my AC climate controls that are hacing the issues. i switched units with a friend of mine and his worked on my truck and would not on his. i also noticed if i push and hold on the temperature dial the heat and ac will work. but it will not make the connection without me holding them. anyone know where i can get one cheap
or if there is a way to rig this thing up?