Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission Issues????

Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
g7evans is on a distinguished road
Name: Garrett
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission Issues????

I have a 2007 dc sb and with 47k miles and i think i am having transmission problems. when i come to a complete stop after going above 45 mph i feel the transmission slipping (feels like someone is bumping into the back of the truck). i bought the truck from my dad and he said it had done it to him as well. he had it to the dealship, they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the transmission computer. anyone else have the same problem or know what i need to do to fix this?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Axle wrap. Better leaf packs or a traction bar will fix it. It is not a transmission problem.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
might be normal, new firm transmissions do this, i have a new trans in my dd and it does this and when my buddy got his rebuilt his did it for 2 months, i think while it is tight you feel the downshifts more firm than you would if it were a lil worn
Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Axle wrap. Better leaf packs or a traction bar will fix it. It is not a transmission problem.
x3, mine does it sometimes also
Old 09-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
x3, mine does it sometimes also
x4... mine does the same thing... 85k.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
g7evans is on a distinguished road
Name: Garrett
g7evans's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the help! also.... i know what the axle is....but what is the axle wrap? is this something that needs to be fixed or is it something that if i can live with it, it's ok?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g7evans View Post
thanks for the help! is this something that needs to be fixed or is it something that if i can live with it, it's ok?
Live with it!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
All auto 2nd gens do it. It is fine.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
My '97 4Runner will act like it's slipping if you almost come to a complete stop but just before you do you hit the gas. I changed the transmission fluid and the problem went away. When it starts up again I just change the fluid. I've been doing this since the first 15,000 miles and it needs it just about every 15,000 miles since. It's running fine now with 174,000 miles on it and never had anything else done to the transmission.