1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

newbie mistakes... where'd my oil cap go??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TCTACOSURPREME, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:55 PM
    TCTACOSURPREME

TCTACOSURPREME [OP] LAOTION IN 4 WHEEL MOTION

Member:
    TWIN CITIES MN
    Vehicle:
    08 RUGGED TRAIL
    VIPER 5901 ALARM W/ AUTOSTART, AFE CAI STAGE 2, LUND HOOD DEFLECTOR, BULL BAR, GARMIN GPS, IPF LIGHTS, DEBADGED, TOYTEC FRONT FULL COILOVERS, DIFF. DROP, REAR BILLIES 5125, TSB 1.5" AAL'S, OME driveshaft carrier bearing drop. (driveline vibrations are gone!!!) 33's firestone destination m/t's. spidertraxx wheel spacers in the front.
    hey T.W.,

This is my first post and hope you guys can help me out. Well, I have an 08 rugged trail, access cab automatic with less than 3k miles on it. I just installed the AFE stage 2 CAI and one day (like a week later) i had the urge to check under the hood ( which was a good idea) oil was splattered on my hood and on the fender well. Look like it just happened that night. I was ooooohh sssssh!!!T, Usually on new cars the oil cap stays on the car, which i've failed to check tightness on everything under the hood. I've checked the oil level was, it was fine. I bought a aftermarket oil cap from the dealer and was tight as can be. I've read another thread on something similar to change the oil, and oil filter, I did that with mobil one, and seems to run o.k. But my question is, when i'm driving around 40-50 mph, is it normal for the truck to bog down going on a slight incline? i have to step on it a lil for it to change into a lower gear. seems like its in to high of a gear. I hope its not a transmission problem or is it the intake? :confused: Need help!!

2. Oct 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    keeper15

keeper15 Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    CoverKing Seat Covers Running Boards
    Check oil level and cap, make sure all oil is cleaned up too it will affect adhesives and coatings on some materials under the hood.:alien:

Bogging down on incline might be air issue, might want to re-install back to riginal setup to verify:cool:

3. Oct 31, 2008 at 3:29 PM
    TCTACOSURPREME

TCTACOSURPREME [OP] LAOTION IN 4 WHEEL MOTION

Member:
    TWIN CITIES MN
    Vehicle:
    08 RUGGED TRAIL
    VIPER 5901 ALARM W/ AUTOSTART, AFE CAI STAGE 2, LUND HOOD DEFLECTOR, BULL BAR, GARMIN GPS, IPF LIGHTS, DEBADGED, TOYTEC FRONT FULL COILOVERS, DIFF. DROP, REAR BILLIES 5125, TSB 1.5" AAL'S, OME driveshaft carrier bearing drop. (driveline vibrations are gone!!!) 33's firestone destination m/t's. spidertraxx wheel spacers in the front.
    thanks keeper for the advice, will do that, was wondering if anybody else had an afe stage 2 installed with the same problem?? thanks for the help guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top