Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission fluid change

Old 09-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
BCT09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby
BCT09's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission fluid change

Hey guys i have an 09 tacoma and i was wondering how often i should change my transmission fluid. i looked at my owners manual didn't specify! thanks in advanced!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Leave it alone, more bad comes from a tranny flush than good.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Leave it alone, more bad comes from a tranny flush than good.
Only if your tranny is already going to shit.

OP I'm flushing at 50K. Only 8K to go.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
saugus is on a distinguished road
saugus's Tacoma Gallery
There are different requirements for AT, MT, 4x4, hauling. I have 133k on my manual and will be doing the most likely "first" refill.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Only if your tranny is already going to shit.

OP I'm flushing at 50K. Only 8K to go.
x2. Nothing bad comes from replacing fluid in the transmission unless damage has already been done. I'll be doing my first flush at 60k miles.

If you do a full flush, I'd do it between 50 - 75k miles depending your driving habits, if you're just doing a drain and refill you might want to do it a little more frequently or closer to every 50k miles.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
BCT09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby
BCT09's Tacoma Gallery
alright thanks everyone i appreciate the input!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i called toyota asking for a quote and they said 100k mi WAS what it should be changed at now they saying that "when you have a problem bring it in".... sounds like they just need money lol
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the flush at 50k mi. After this I will be doing a 3qt. Drain/refill every 15k mi so I don't have to deal with doing the full flush again.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #9
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I just did mine at 81,000....shifts smoother now
Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
I just did mine at 81,000....shifts smoother now
Well when you replace the water with actual trans fluid I would hope it would shift better.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well when you replace the water with actual trans fluid I would hope it would shift better.
asshole