1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One Time Offer for North East TW

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacoma Mike, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike [OP] 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Since I've been on here I've read and replied to quite a few people with a similar problem. And it makes me very upset that no one at the dealership wants to help you. SOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm going to try.

At some point in the fall I will be willing to drive South to NH or maybe Mass and have a little get together. The reason for this is to help you

CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES

I talked to my boss and he is going to let me take one of the computers with me and i will be able to help you:

Disable your seat belt chime
    Key fob beep ETC.
    Any feature that pops up on the screen i will set it to what you want.
    Not all trucks have the same features etc but if it's in there i will try to set it up for you.
    I'll bring a pair of cutting pliers for a drl disconnect. :D

I can only do about 20 hookups and then the computer will lock me out because it's not seeing it's home isp.

I'll try to get the other "secret handshake" stuff if i can.
    If you had some then you could also bring them.

The cost of this to you will be 1 million dollars or, buy be lunch while i'm there and we'll call it even.. roflmao.

Seriously, this has bothered me and I want to help out. I hate seeing all these jury rigged bypasses your doing.

So if you want to travel I will do my best for you.

So if this is something you would do then post so i can see if it would be worth it for me to drive. For just one or two it would not be worth it but you could drive farther towards me and we could still make it happen.

We could have lunch and I would try to answer questions regarding dealership stuff and just get to know each other. It would have to be on a Sunday, no exceptions.

It's up to you.
    I'm offering.

2. Sep 16, 2011 at 2:54 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Very cool offer..props for doing that!

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
  4. Sep 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Going to bump this once. Seems no one is having issues up here in the North East.
    And that's ok

5. Sep 20, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I'd like my truck to beep on lock/unlock. Its a long ride to NH tho, just for that

6. Sep 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    05 is different.

lots of 05 trucks only had light flash unless you had factory alarm. At least this is what i was told.
    Do you have a factory alarm ??

7. Sep 20, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    no factory alarm. Panic button does work, why wouldnt beep?

8. Sep 21, 2011 at 2:03 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Before i say anything let me check some notes at the shop today if i get a few min. I won't forget ya but it might be a day or two. I'll be in touch.

:thumbsup:

9. Sep 21, 2011 at 4:55 AM
    budd4766

budd4766 Well-Known Member

Member:
    LaGrange, GA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma
    Can't make it, up there, and I don't really have a problem with the "bells and whistles".

What I WOULD like to do, if possible, is program my fob and my wife's Camry fob to unlock both vehicles so we don't both have to carry to big fobs all the time. Dealer says it can't be done....?

10. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    silver11

silver11 Active Member

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    2011 off road
    Hid head lamps,fog lamps, color matched door handels, mirrors,and grille,bed cover,weather techs,
    I would love to get rid of my seat belt chime at the very least. . . Where in maine are you my brother lives in portland so seeing that no one is real interested maybe I. Can come your way next time I am up there

11. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    kb1jop

kb1jop kb1jop

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Webster, MA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Magnetic Gray Metallic SR5 Double Cab
    Factory Towing Package OEM Bed Mat Hard Tonneau Tacoma All-Weather Floor Mats
    "Any feature that pops up on the screen i will set it to what you want."

Can you give some examples? I'm all set with seatbelt and FOB issues. Wondering what the other possibilties are.

2010 4WD DCSB V6 6-Speed SR5 [Non-TRD]

12. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    How about my 4wd problem? Can you get me a new transfercase and actuators because my dealer can't seem to fix anything?

Bump for an extremely nice offer!

13. Sep 21, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    OK JOE HERE WE GO.

2005 tacomas without alarms do not have the pezio buzzer.
    your panic runs the horns, not the buzzer. Thats the little beep beep you here when you push the buttons.
    They started to have them in the 2009 year.
    So really all you can do is flash.
    Sorry buddy.

14. Sep 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Right off the top of my head I think the fobs are different part numbers. I know they use different frequencies. When we try to use a different fob not matched to the car vin it won't see it. The best way to go about this is to call the parts dept and ask for part numbers for the two vehicles. I'm almost sure they are different. So they won't work. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    So in this case they aren't yanking your chain.

15. Sep 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Saco area. 17 miles south of Portland. You can't get there without passing me lol..
    Not a prob. Send me a pm and let me know when your coming and we can arrange something.

16. Sep 21, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Oh great. Make me fry my brain on this one Rick lol.

I THINK there maybe a rev beep shutoff ??? not sure.
    Mainly it's the seat belts and fobs people ask for. i was just mentioning that i would go through every ecu in the custom feature and if there was something there i would change it if you wanted. i just didn't want people to think it was just a belt and to bad on the other stuff.
    Sorry i can't give you more info but i can't memorize every one. :(

17. Sep 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Josh. just trying to pay it forward a little.

Not sure what your prob is on your transfer case but they can be PITA to fix.
    Had one with front diff actuator, transfer case actuator and a case switch because he went through slush and it got inside the actuators and froze.
    There is a procedure in tech tips that lays out the procedure from toyota. And they can call the tech line for assistance...

18. Sep 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Hey Tacoma Mike and everybody else. Been trying to get people together for this for a while. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/ I haven't been surfing the site much lately other wise I would have give the heads up a while ago. Hope you can all make it!

Products Discussed in

To Top