Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

One Time Offer for North East TW

Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
One Time Offer for North East TW

Since I've been on here I've read and replied to quite a few people with a similar problem. And it makes me very upset that no one at the dealership wants to help you. SOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm going to try.

At some point in the fall I will be willing to drive South to NH or maybe Mass and have a little get together. The reason for this is to help you

CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES

I talked to my boss and he is going to let me take one of the computers with me and i will be able to help you:

Disable your seat belt chime
Key fob beep ETC.
Any feature that pops up on the screen i will set it to what you want.
Not all trucks have the same features etc but if it's in there i will try to set it up for you.
I'll bring a pair of cutting pliers for a drl disconnect.

I can only do about 20 hookups and then the computer will lock me out because it's not seeing it's home isp.

I'll try to get the other "secret handshake" stuff if i can.
If you had some then you could also bring them.

The cost of this to you will be 1 million dollars or, buy be lunch while i'm there and we'll call it even.. roflmao.

Seriously, this has bothered me and I want to help out. I hate seeing all these jury rigged bypasses your doing.

So if you want to travel I will do my best for you.

So if this is something you would do then post so i can see if it would be worth it for me to drive. For just one or two it would not be worth it but you could drive farther towards me and we could still make it happen.

We could have lunch and I would try to answer questions regarding dealership stuff and just get to know each other. It would have to be on a Sunday, no exceptions.

It's up to you.
I'm offering.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Very cool offer..props for doing that!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
tempting....
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Going to bump this once. Seems no one is having issues up here in the North East.
And that's ok
Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
I'd like my truck to beep on lock/unlock. Its a long ride to NH tho, just for that
Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I'd like my truck to beep on lock/unlock. Its a long ride to NH tho, just for that
05 is different.

lots of 05 trucks only had light flash unless you had factory alarm. At least this is what i was told.
Do you have a factory alarm ??
Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #7

Firefighter:
no factory alarm. Panic button does work, why wouldnt beep?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Before i say anything let me check some notes at the shop today if i get a few min. I won't forget ya but it might be a day or two. I'll be in touch.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
budd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 51T - 412th EnCom
budd4766's Tacoma Gallery
Can't make it, up there, and I don't really have a problem with the "bells and whistles".

What I WOULD like to do, if possible, is program my fob and my wife's Camry fob to unlock both vehicles so we don't both have to carry to big fobs all the time. Dealer says it can't be done....?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #10
silver11 is on a distinguished road
silver11's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to get rid of my seat belt chime at the very least. . . Where in maine are you my brother lives in portland so seeing that no one is real interested maybe I. Can come your way next time I am up there
Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #11
kb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rick
kb1jop's Tacoma Gallery
"Any feature that pops up on the screen i will set it to what you want."

Can you give some examples? I'm all set with seatbelt and FOB issues. Wondering what the other possibilties are.

2010 4WD DCSB V6 6-Speed SR5 [Non-TRD]
Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #12
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
How about my 4wd problem? Can you get me a new transfercase and actuators because my dealer can't seem to fix anything?

Bump for an extremely nice offer!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #13

Quote:
OK JOE HERE WE GO.

2005 tacomas without alarms do not have the pezio buzzer.
your panic runs the horns, not the buzzer. Thats the little beep beep you here when you push the buttons.
They started to have them in the 2009 year.
So really all you can do is flash.
Sorry buddy.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by budd4766 View Post
Can't make it, up there, and I don't really have a problem with the "bells and whistles".

What I WOULD like to do, if possible, is program my fob and my wife's Camry fob to unlock both vehicles so we don't both have to carry to big fobs all the time. Dealer says it can't be done....?
Right off the top of my head I think the fobs are different part numbers. I know they use different frequencies. When we try to use a different fob not matched to the car vin it won't see it. The best way to go about this is to call the parts dept and ask for part numbers for the two vehicles. I'm almost sure they are different. So they won't work. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
So in this case they aren't yanking your chain.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver11 View Post
I would love to get rid of my seat belt chime at the very least. . . Where in maine are you my brother lives in portland so seeing that no one is real interested maybe I. Can come your way next time I am up there
Saco area. 17 miles south of Portland. You can't get there without passing me lol..
Not a prob. Send me a pm and let me know when your coming and we can arrange something.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1jop View Post
"Any feature that pops up on the screen i will set it to what you want."

Can you give some examples? I'm all set with seatbelt and FOB issues. Wondering what the other possibilties are.

2010 4WD DCSB V6 6-Speed SR5 [Non-TRD]
Oh great. Make me fry my brain on this one Rick lol.

I THINK there maybe a rev beep shutoff ??? not sure.
Mainly it's the seat belts and fobs people ask for. i was just mentioning that i would go through every ecu in the custom feature and if there was something there i would change it if you wanted. i just didn't want people to think it was just a belt and to bad on the other stuff.
Sorry i can't give you more info but i can't memorize every one.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
How about my 4wd problem? Can you get me a new transfercase and actuators because my dealer can't seem to fix anything?

Bump for an extremely nice offer!
Thanks Josh. just trying to pay it forward a little.

Not sure what your prob is on your transfer case but they can be PITA to fix.
Had one with front diff actuator, transfer case actuator and a case switch because he went through slush and it got inside the actuators and froze.
There is a procedure in tech tips that lays out the procedure from toyota. And they can call the tech line for assistance...