Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Air bag (2007 toyota tacoma)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Benjie15 [OP] Benjie15 is offline
Junior Member
Benjie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Benjie
Joined: Sep 2011, #63527
Location: Kahului,Maui
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
Benjie15's Tacoma Gallery
Air bag (2007 toyota tacoma)

theres a airbag indicator on my dash , also next to my clock it says the air bags are off. i cant turn the air bag off or on cuz there isnt the thing where you put your key into to turn it off or on like the recent generation.....ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Junior Member
mdboom is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Joined: Sep 2011, #63078
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
mdboom's Tacoma Gallery
My 07 air bag dash light (indicator) came on and I took it in to get it looked at and it turned out to be my coil for the airbag. Wasn't very expensive to replace, a couple hundred.

Hope this sheds some light to your situation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Junior Member
mdboom is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Joined: Sep 2011, #63078
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
mdboom's Tacoma Gallery
This thread might help you out too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-warning.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
landphil's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2011, #52290
Location: BC, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,456
landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjie15 View Post
theres a airbag indicator on my dash , also next to my clock it says the air bags are off. i cant turn the air bag off or on cuz there isnt the thing where you put your key into to turn it off or on like the recent generation.....ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS?
The "airbag off" indicator is for the passenger airbag only, it should go "out" or display "airbag on" ( I can't remember which) when someone sits on the passenger's seat. There is a pressure switch in the seat base to turn it on, which should happen automatically. If it doesn't, there may be fault with the switch or wiring.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Zombie's Avatar
Joined: May 2011, #56318
Location: Tucson, AZ
Gender: Guy
Posts: 786
Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdboom View Post
My 07 air bag dash light (indicator) came on and I took it in to get it looked at and it turned out to be my coil for the airbag. Wasn't very expensive to replace, a couple hundred.

Hope this sheds some light to your situation.
I don't know about y'all, but a couple hundred is pretty expensive to me...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Aug 2011, #61545
Location: paris texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 163
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post
The "airbag off" indicator is for the passenger airbag only, it should go "out" or display "airbag on" ( I can't remember which) when someone sits on the passenger's seat. There is a pressure switch in the seat base to turn it on, which should happen automatically. If it doesn't, there may be fault with the switch or wiring.
It should say air bag. With weight in the passenger seat it should say airbag off. Then With enough weight it should say airbag on. If the key switch is in the on position. That is what mine 2010 access cab does. Double cabs dont have the key switch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #7
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
landphil's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2011, #52290
Location: BC, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,456
landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrenn View Post
It should say air bag. With weight in the passenger seat it should say airbag off. Then With enough weight it should say airbag on. If the key switch is in the on position. That is what mine 2010 access cab does. Double cabs dont have the key switch.
Yup, I paid attention to it today, my '06 D/C light did indeed switch from airbag OFF to airbag ON when the wifey jumped in.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Air Lift - Suspension Air Bag Helper Springs Zoso.Chas Product Reviews 16 06-02-2014 08:46 AM
2012 Tacoma Suspension Air Bag Installation helibear 2nd Gen. Tacomas 6 04-04-2012 05:39 AM
Toyota seat covers for air bag seats clt7031 2nd Gen. Tacomas 5 02-10-2011 12:48 PM
Toyota Matrix wrecked, no air bag deployment BreezyTaco General Automotive 13 06-07-2010 06:45 PM
any one selling tacoma 05-08 drivers air bag? ill buy it. jerry916 Buy / Sell / Trade - Other 0 07-28-2009 03:33 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.