Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Air bag (2007 toyota tacoma)

Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Benjie15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Benjie
Benjie15's Tacoma Gallery
Air bag (2007 toyota tacoma)

theres a airbag indicator on my dash , also next to my clock it says the air bags are off. i cant turn the air bag off or on cuz there isnt the thing where you put your key into to turn it off or on like the recent generation.....ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
mdboom is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
mdboom's Tacoma Gallery
My 07 air bag dash light (indicator) came on and I took it in to get it looked at and it turned out to be my coil for the airbag. Wasn't very expensive to replace, a couple hundred.

Hope this sheds some light to your situation.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
mdboom is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
mdboom's Tacoma Gallery
This thread might help you out too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-warning.html
Old 09-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjie15 View Post
theres a airbag indicator on my dash , also next to my clock it says the air bags are off. i cant turn the air bag off or on cuz there isnt the thing where you put your key into to turn it off or on like the recent generation.....ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS?
The "airbag off" indicator is for the passenger airbag only, it should go "out" or display "airbag on" ( I can't remember which) when someone sits on the passenger's seat. There is a pressure switch in the seat base to turn it on, which should happen automatically. If it doesn't, there may be fault with the switch or wiring.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdboom View Post
My 07 air bag dash light (indicator) came on and I took it in to get it looked at and it turned out to be my coil for the airbag. Wasn't very expensive to replace, a couple hundred.

Hope this sheds some light to your situation.
I don't know about y'all, but a couple hundred is pretty expensive to me...
Old 09-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post
The "airbag off" indicator is for the passenger airbag only, it should go "out" or display "airbag on" ( I can't remember which) when someone sits on the passenger's seat. There is a pressure switch in the seat base to turn it on, which should happen automatically. If it doesn't, there may be fault with the switch or wiring.
It should say air bag. With weight in the passenger seat it should say airbag off. Then With enough weight it should say airbag on. If the key switch is in the on position. That is what mine 2010 access cab does. Double cabs dont have the key switch.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #7
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrenn View Post
It should say air bag. With weight in the passenger seat it should say airbag off. Then With enough weight it should say airbag on. If the key switch is in the on position. That is what mine 2010 access cab does. Double cabs dont have the key switch.
Yup, I paid attention to it today, my '06 D/C light did indeed switch from airbag OFF to airbag ON when the wifey jumped in.