Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Broke plexiglass on fuel/temp gauge

Old 09-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
awwtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: andrew
awwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Broke plexiglass on fuel/temp gauge

I was replacing my stock radio on an 08 and in the process I broke a piece of the plexiglass in front of my fuel/temp gauge. Anyone know if they sell just the glass or do I need to buy a whole new gauge set. If so has anyone seen one for sale lately?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwtaco View Post
I was replacing my stock radio on an 08 and in the process I broke a piece of the plexiglass in front of my fuel/temp gauge. Anyone know if they sell just the glass or do I need to buy a whole new gauge set. If so has anyone seen one for sale lately?

Have you tried toyota for that part? Otherwise a wrecking yard might have it but might not want to part it from the cluster.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
awwtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: andrew
awwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
ehhh, I don't want to pay outrageous prices to go through Toyota. I may check a salvage yard or buy the entire cluster on her and send it to one of the guys who switch the LED's before I install it. I am also thinking of buying 1/16" glass and templating the original and cutting it out with a scroll saw. Looking to see if anyone has done anything similar, I dont even know if that glass is meant to come off. Any thoughts?