Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Odd Noise

Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Odd Noise

Anyone hear this noise? After start up in the morning and sometimes after work after letting the truck run for about 30 seconds when I pull out of the garage or parking spot at work if it's quiet enough (radio down) sometimes I hear a sound. The best way to describe it is a short 1 second hydraulic type sound. Just a quick little "zill" sound. Not a bad sound, just don't know what it is. I'm guessing maybe the fuel pump? If that is the case why does it take so long to pump? I have had a couple of incidents where it didn't crank at first which seems to be like it didn't have fuel like it didn't prime fast enough. I have read on here about the fuel pump causing this to happen. Just thinking that maybe that could be what that came from?

Both cases from the garage and parking lot at work as I back in both, I turn to the right when leaving. Maybe it could be something from the power steering? It's not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else has heard or noticed this?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
ABS self test.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
ABS self test.
X2

Used to think it was my throw out bearing because it usually happens right as I take my foot off the clutch.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
trdchic is on a distinguished road
Name: Wouldn't you like to know!
trdchic's Tacoma Gallery
I hear the same thing! Was worried...glad I read this. That's what the guy at the dealership guessed. Yay!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard it too. Sometimes I have heard a grinding type noise from the same area, for the same duration and happening about 30 seconds after I start it. What could that be???
Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Chris135 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chris135's Tacoma Gallery
think i hear the same thing sometimes too. I would describe it as the electric steering in mazdas but not as loud? does that wounds the same? Been wondering what that was..
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Coffee pot self priming.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 Impreza makes the same sound. Probably had Advics (Aisin) as a common ABS supplier.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
samiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to beholdsamiam is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
samiam's Tacoma Gallery
I had it in my '04 Tacoma and was surprised to hear it in my '08 - both manuals, but a friend has it in his auto...don't know what it is, but must be normal.