1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Comon slee what I'm talkin about

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nick54, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Sep 18, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I'm lookin to hear from anyone who owns or has owned Slee Slider Steps. I know they are expensive, that's why I want to hear form some who know about them from experience. Difficult to mount? Type of finish? Can you lift them with a Hi-Jack? Do they function well as a step? Anything else you can tell me.

2. Sep 19, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    BUMP,

Somebody - Anybody????

3. Sep 19, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    They function well as a step. The ones I have seen would have never been in a positon to need a Hi-Lift or be scrapped up. They are bolt on, I think you will need to drill a few additional holes for mounting. My opinion, they are much to expensive. The final cost is like $1300 since they only ship air freight. Talk to Demello and have them build you the Rock Crushers that lay flat and put a plate in them so you can use them as steps.

4. Sep 19, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Didn't know that about the shipping. and Demello was in fact my second option, but not having the flat step surface the Slee's have is why they were #2. Good suggestion on how to resolve that issue though. I'll give them a call today.
    Thanks for chimin in this is what I was hoping to get.

Anyone else?

5. Sep 19, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Whoa... almost $1,000 + freight for sliders?!?!?! :eek:

That kind of money buys a nice plate bumper. I doubt you'll find many people on here with those since we have reputable vendors that offer sliders at 1/3 that cost.

6. Sep 19, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Ya I hear ya, sick expensive, however I'm looking for a solid lift point and step. Most sliders angle up steeply and aren't functunal as steps. Matt has provided an option that may work, I just need to talk to the Demello folks to see what they can do.

7. Sep 19, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    A lot of the vendors can custom make a set of sliders to your specifications and I doubt they'd be up in the $1,000 neighborhood to do so either. Their base products are angled up and kept tight to the truck because that's what most people want. The good thing is, they're fab shops and can make you whatever you want. Plus, dealing with the vendors on here, you'll be dealing with the guy that runs the shop so you can be sure you'll get what you want. Good luck!

8. Sep 19, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    cotruckin

cotruckin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Westminster, CO.
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 06 TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 Lift with rear 1" blocks, ARE Z series topper with Yakima rack and Rola basket, some audio equipment, some more goodies
    All Pro had the new filler plates that look more step worthy, but their sliders do still angle up a little bit. You could always get something like this to use on the sliders that gives more of a locked on attachment. The Slee sliders are nice, I just saw them on a Tacoma at the 4 Wheel Parts show and they are actually located just down the road from me, but the guy from ARB did say they are pretty pricey.

9. Sep 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    Here are some Rock Crushers from Demello, they can lay them flat and add some plates in them. I discussed it with them when I got my sliders there:

IMG_0053_fd3ae713d44145464c84e397ea4ddc84a99817d7.jpg

IMG_0008-1_9bc17959879604673ed706adb90ecbad4abe6fd6.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top