Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift and alignment question

Old 09-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
fyrmedc26 is on a distinguished road
fyrmedc26's Tacoma Gallery
Lift and alignment question

Put new lift on today. Question is can I align it with the stock tires and wheels or do I have to wait for the new tires and wheels to align?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
fyrmedc26 is on a distinguished road
fyrmedc26's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, thats what I thought but was told by someone else that I had to wait.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrmedc26 View Post
Sweet, thats what I thought but was told by someone else that I had to wait.
Ask them exactly what angles the tire size affects and see if they can give you a sensical answer.....
Old 09-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say it's actually better to align after the lift to make sure all the settings are right, no vibes, no wandering.

BUT if your tires are worn unevenly, that could throw off the accuracy of the alignment, in which then maybe you do want to wait for the new tires.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
I'd say it's actually better to align after the lift to make sure all the settings are right, no vibes, no wandering.

BUT if your tires are worn unevenly, that could throw off the accuracy of the alignment, in which then maybe you do want to wait for the new tires.
I definitely agree that you should align after the lift. But I don't think uneven tire wear will affect alignment. The machine aligns the wheels to spec angles, not the tire.