Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

265/75/16 on STOCK TRD 4x4 suspension.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
TnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TnShooter's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16 on STOCK TRD 4x4 suspension.

First off, YES I did search.
Yes, they will fit. But will they rub?
To be more specific will they rub on the trail and if they do will it cause damage to the tire or truck?

I am wanting to run 265/75/16 BFG AT's

I have already removed the mud flaps. I removed one the other removed itself. I measured and the only problem I see is right were the mud flap on the front was mounted. I'm concerned that if I have my wheels turned and hit a bump that the tire may rub right at the spot where the mud flap mounted.

I did feel behind the plastic liner and there seems to be some metal or something there. I could trim the plastic liner, but it will not give me any more room. maybe 1/16" or how ever thick the plastic is.

PS: There was all kinds of stuff behind the plastic inner liner. (right at the bottom of the fender flare) I pulled all kinds of leaves and stuff out of there.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
TACONOLE is on a distinguished road
TACONOLE's Tacoma Gallery
They will fit. I just put 265/75/16 dura tracs on mine and have no rubbing issues at all.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
TnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACONOLE View Post
They will fit. I just put 265/75/16 dura tracs on mine and have no rubbing issues at all.
Thank you for answering.
Have you "wheeled" it any since putting them on?
Only reason I even think it might rub is from back when I had my 1999 Tacoma. It was lifted 3" and the 32x11.50 would rub when the wheels were turned and a bump. So I kind of know where to be looking for the issues. And this is the only one I can see that could be a problem.

But it does look like the 2005+ has a little more room than the 2004' and older trucks.

Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Will fit.
no rub.
yes you can wheel it.
done.

Sounds good to me....

Thanks for answering.

And WHY are 265/70/16 more than 26/75/16?
You don't have to answer that....but it's true.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
Yeah, Why go 265/70 when 265/75 is bigger and cheaper.

Did your truck come with 265/75?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's because the 265/75-16 is a more common size, there for they make and sell more of them.