1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265/75/16 on STOCK TRD 4x4 suspension.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TnShooter, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter [OP] The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    First off, YES I did search.
    Yes, they will fit. But will they rub?
    To be more specific will they rub on the trail and if they do will it cause damage to the tire or truck?

I am wanting to run 265/75/16 BFG AT's

I have already removed the mud flaps. I removed one the other removed itself. I measured and the only problem I see is right were the mud flap on the front was mounted. I'm concerned that if I have my wheels turned and hit a bump that the tire may rub right at the spot where the mud flap mounted.

I did feel behind the plastic liner and there seems to be some metal or something there. I could trim the plastic liner, but it will not give me any more room. maybe 1/16" or how ever thick the plastic is.

PS: There was all kinds of stuff behind the plastic inner liner. (right at the bottom of the fender flare) I pulled all kinds of leaves and stuff out of there.

Thanks for any input.

2. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    TACONOLE

TACONOLE Member

Member:
    They will fit. I just put 265/75/16 dura tracs on mine and have no rubbing issues at all.

3. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Thank you for answering.
    Have you "wheeled" it any since putting them on?
    Only reason I even think it might rub is from back when I had my 1999 Tacoma. It was lifted 3" and the 32x11.50 would rub when the wheels were turned and a bump. So I kind of know where to be looking for the issues. And this is the only one I can see that could be a problem.

But it does look like the 2005+ has a little more room than the 2004' and older trucks.

Thanks again.

4. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Will fit.
    no rub.
    yes you can wheel it.
    done.

;)

5. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Sounds good to me....

Thanks for answering.

And WHY are 265/70/16 more than 26/75/16?
    You don't have to answer that....but it's true.

6. Sep 18, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    dunno...:confused:

I have 265/75 r16

7. Sep 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Yeah, Why go 265/70 when 265/75 is bigger and cheaper.

Did your truck come with 265/75?

8. Sep 18, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    SPENCAF

SPENCAF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Shiloh, IL
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX PRO 4X4
    AFE Pro dry filter, AttennaX, bed liner on front skid plate, AVID sliders, AVID light bar, KONG Storage Box, OME 2.5" 885 coils 1.5" AAL 265/75R16 Guard Dawgs
    I think it's because the 265/75-16 is a more common size, there for they make and sell more of them.

Products Discussed in

To Top