Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Disable vsc/abs help (sport)

Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Disable vsc/abs help (sport)

I've read tons of threads on people disabling their vsc and abs and what not, but everyone who has done this has a 4x4.

I have a 2009 2wd sport prerunner. And in the dirt the vsc has cause me to almost crash my truck so many times cause the abs and an alarm comes on and my power is cut an I cant even step on my brake pedal cause it gets locked up too!

Does anyone know how I can rewire this system to disable it, or just completely remove a fuse?

I don't want to "hold the switch for 5 seconds to turn it off" so that when I get up to 30 it re-engages.

I want a strait up "no vsc" and / or "no abs" switch that I can turn ON or OFF.

what do the LT pre runner guys do? I basically want to slide around corners.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm sure the same trick works for the 2wd too and if not you could always stop driving like you have a desert racer.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #3

DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
People talk about doing it in 4lo and 4hi. And I have no way to apply that to my 2wd.

???
Old 09-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That is the yellow wire mod or the locker mod you are looking at.

Crom or Yoytoda might have a link for you.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #5

DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
I looking at threads or the vsc.

Do you have any threads or links then? I've been looking for 2 weeks
Old 09-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Banned
I don't know of any. Contact the guys I posted up for help. I think the thread is on TTORA not here.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
s3
Klipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Klipp11's Tacoma Gallery
I disable my ABS every winter. Just pull the ABS fuse under the hood behind the battery in the fuse box. Your orange ABS light will be lit afterward.

Does the trick for me, real simple
Old 09-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
That is the yellow wire mod or the locker mod you are looking at.

Crom or Yoytoda might have a link for you.
Those don't work for Sports with VSC
Old 09-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Those don't work for Sports with VSC
I know that's why I said that is probably what he is looking at. Yoytoda said he was working on a ABS/VSC disable and Crom posted a link for one that works with the non OR models.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
You can disable the VCS by unplugging the wheel sensor. I unplug the sensor on the top of the frame rail on the passenger side since its out of the water/mud

you could install a switch on the wire which would basically "plug in or unplug the sensor wire"
Old 09-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #11

DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
You can disable the VCS by unplugging the wheel sensor. I unplug the sensor on the top of the frame rail on the passenger side since its out of the water/mud

you could install a switch on the wire which would basically "plug in or unplug the sensor wire"

when you have some time can you take a picture of the sensor?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDog View Post
when you have some time can you take a picture of the sensor?
sure... stay tuned
Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #13

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
actually the driver side sensor is easiest to get to. You can experiment adding a switch with wiring into the cab as a disabling switch but im not sure how the added resistance of long wires will effect the pulse signal of the sensor... maybe ill try it today...

Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
OP,

You could try unplugging the Yaw Rate sensor, which is under your seat. If that works for you, you could then install a switch to interrupt the ground wire for the sensor, so you can disable ABS/VSC whenever you want. This saves you the trouble of feeding wiring from the engine bay back into the cab.

The Off-road trucks are cake to do this mod using the locker trick

Wiring diagram is attached to this post. The one for your truck is ABS-VAC. For the off-road guys, they would need the ABS-Hyd.

Here is a thread of a writeup on how to disable ABS, but he does not have VSC.

ABS disable mod for 05+ Tacomas w/o VSC & locking diff write up *pics*
Attached Files
File Type: pdf abs-vac.pdf (167.1 KB, 152 views)
File Type: pdf abs-hyd.pdf (183.9 KB, 93 views)