1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

28000k OTD ???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by comadude, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Jun 14, 2007 at 4:55 PM
    flyman767

flyman767 Well-Known Member

Member:
    LEGITIMATE FEE'S INCLUDED IN THE 'INVOICE' PRICE:

TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising) Is based on the Base MSRP of the vehicle. It varies from region to region, but is a legitimate fee. Toyota charges this to every dealership. Toyota uses this for the national TV commercials, magazine ads, etc. To get an idea of the cost for your region. Go to www.carsdirect.com input your zip code. Select a trim and click on the invoice link. A window will open and you'll get the estimated TDA for your area. Ranges from $200-$800.

WFR (Wholesale Financial Reserve) also called a Floorplan Fee, is based on 1% of Base MSRP with no options. It is a charge normally used to prepare the vehicle for sale. It includes detailing, pre-delivery service and interest charges for keeping the vehicle on the lot. Most of the time if a vehicle has been sitting on the lot, the dealer doesn't make any money on this. Ranges from $229-$370.

Holdback Is the 2% profit (Base MSRP no options * 2%) that the dealer gets back from Toyota for selling a vehicle. You don't pay for this twice. Toyota just shows you exactly what the dealer will get.

All the above costs are legitimate charges and are figured into the INVOICE price on most Model/Price Guide's.

Additional legitimate fee's incurred by a dealership not included in the Invoice price:

Title and Registration Fee's: Varies State to State

Sales Taxes: Varies..based on local jurisdiction.

Gasoline: Varies from $6 up to 45+

Any other dealer's fee's are not legitimate and are not a direct cost to a dealership; therefore, I would not pay..

Bottom line: Invoice price + Tile/Registration + Sales Tax = Exceptionally good deal.

2. Jun 14, 2007 at 10:36 PM
    Route66Taco

Route66Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rolla, MO
    Vehicle:
    Silver Tacoma
    Those numbers are alright. Is truck 2x, 4x, access, crew. I sell these for a living and maybe I can beat these numbers. And I sell In So-Cal!

3. Jun 15, 2007 at 7:36 AM
    comadude

comadude [OP] Member

Member:
    Please see my first post.

4. Jun 15, 2007 at 3:52 PM
    Route66Taco

Member:
    Rolla, MO
    Vehicle:
    Silver Tacoma
    My apologies
    Sounds good really. I think that is just a few hundred dollars, if any, over invoice. Can't get much better. Gopherit!

5. Jun 17, 2007 at 6:33 AM
    kngharley

kngharley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corona, Ca
    If you live near Toyota of Orange check there. I bought the same truck as yours 07 doublecab JBL, Side airbags towing package etc. OTD 26,000 last October

6. Jun 17, 2007 at 8:35 AM
    comadude

comadude [OP] Member

Member:
    Wow! Now that's a smokin' deal.
    I'll do that.

7. Jun 17, 2007 at 8:58 AM
    Route66Taco

Member:
    Rolla, MO
    Vehicle:
    Silver Tacoma
    Wow. Don't get your hopes up. That's a rare deal. The dealer actually lost money. Not too many dealers are willing to lose money on a truck when they can easliy make money on it with the next guy. Like I said don't get your hopes up. I'll get you a price just for SNG's Monday so you can see where you're at.

8. Jun 18, 2007 at 8:04 PM
    Route66Taco

Member:
    Rolla, MO
    Vehicle:
    Silver Tacoma
    Hey Comadude have a price for ya. PM me when ready.

9. Jun 18, 2007 at 8:23 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    cant touch that truck for less than 27 in the tacoma capital of the world (florida)

10. Jun 18, 2007 at 9:28 PM
    Chopper4Pilot

Chopper4Pilot Active Member

Member:
    The only way to not get screwed is to use Fighting Chance. You can get all the information from them you will ever need to buy a new vehicle for as little as possible. I'm buying my new taco this month using it, and I expect to pay about $1000 under invoice. It CAN be done, I've used this method successfully on my last 3 vehicles with great success, and have saved myself thousands. Here's the website www.fightingchance.com

You pay $37.95 for the packet of info., either faxed, fed-exd or emailed in pdf files (3 of them).

Products Discussed in

To Top