Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trade or Not guys? Need some input...

Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
Project Man-Dime!!!
JessyPayne3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jessy Payne
JessyPayne3's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Trade or Not guys? Need some input...

Hey guys need some help on trading for this?? I have 2008 Dodge Cummins Laramie QCSB 4x4 Deleted and H&S tuned pretty fast truck alot of Fun, Ive always liked Diesel trucks and Toyota's already had one, But ive ran across a trade for this Tacoma should I trade for this its 2010 and a hell of a lot of Mods done to it, It has 30k miles, help guys, anyone on here done the auto 6 speed swap, could I do a t56 swap, Costs on it, anyone???? do you all like the auto?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Project Man-Dime!!!

Here are some photos of The Tacoma?!
Attached Thumbnails
Trade or Not guys? Need some input...-100_2047.jpg   Trade or Not guys? Need some input...-100_2048.jpg   Trade or Not guys? Need some input...-100_2050.jpg   Trade or Not guys? Need some input...-2011-01-10_16-18-57_544.jpg   Trade or Not guys? Need some input...-2011-01-11_10-14-30_228.jpg  

Old 09-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
What do you tow with the 6.7?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
imo i would say keep the cummins, but like im sure you know its on you, good luck with whatever you choose
Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
i'd trade, the taco would hold its value better i think also - - but then again the dodge is probably a much more expensive truck. . . depends what kinda of driving you are doing.. towing?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
I say go with the tacoma, that guy is on here and its a really nice truck
Old 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold my 5.9 Cummins. I hated the Truck lived the Motor. Dodges are junk. If your not towing heavy I would do it. If you tow a lot look for some one trading a Tundra.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyPayne3 View Post
Hey guys need some help on trading for this?? I have 2008 Dodge Cummins Laramie QCSB 4x4 Deleted and H&S tuned pretty fast truck alot of Fun, Ive always liked Diesel trucks and Toyota's already had one, But ive ran across a trade for this Tacoma should I trade for this its 2010 and a hell of a lot of Mods done to it, It has 30k miles, help guys, anyone on here done the auto 6 speed swap, could I do a t56 swap, Costs on it, anyone???? do you all like the auto?
I went from a 2003 DCLB dodge cummins 5.9L to a 05 SWB Access Cab Sprot tacoma, and honestly, it was the best trade I did. Now I have an 05 tacoma DCLB. My dad has an 08 cummins 6.7 with H&S delete and programmer, and intake and all that stuff. And the dodge is quick. I had the option of buying it before he sold it for payoff, and honestly, unless you tow the dodge is extremely expensive compared to the tacoma. I personally would do the trade, but IMO if your dodge is what you say it is, then IMO he should give you a little extra cash considering your dodge is a 45k dollar truck.....
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

and i would make him take the "tacoma" off the windshield......
Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Project Man-Dime!!!

Talking

Lol Thanks alot guys, No I dont tow alot, I just really like the speed and If I keep the truck Ill end up building, Doing the Twin Turbos, prob injectors and Bmf wheels and spending a shit ton ha, And yeah Im not a big fan of the Tacoma sticker on the windshield, Who likes the auto over the 6 speed, and anyone know costs on a t56 6 speed swap??? Thanks again guys.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
and i would make him take the "tacoma" off the windshield......
but then how would anyone know its a tacoma! ?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyPayne3 View Post
Lol Thanks alot guys, No I dont tow alot, I just really like the speed and If I keep the truck Ill end up building, Doing the Twin Turbos, prob injectors and Bmf wheels and spending a shit ton ha, And yeah Im not a big fan of the Tacoma sticker on the windshield, Who likes the auto over the 6 speed, and anyone know costs on a t56 6 speed swap??? Thanks again guys.
autos are nice, i drive some sticks and love getting back in my auto and being able to eat, text, put in a chaw, and drive all at once
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
Project Man-Dime!!!

I really like The Tacomas, I had a 1st gen V6 5 Speed 4x4 ex cab modded up pretty good And loved it, I miss it, such good trucks, but havent really been around these new ones, My buddy has one a 6 speed and I drove it and Loved it, way more faster than the 3.4's, just havent drove a 4.0 auto yet....
Old 09-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
idk what the cost is on a 6spd but they have their drawbacks, i love the 5 speed in my 4 cylinder though, could not imagine driving an automatic, i have to have stick period.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
Some do, others talk

I love my auto, I wanted a 6speed, but do some searching on here I know a lot of guys with 6" lifts and bigger are cussing the 6speeds bc their burning through clutches
Old 09-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
That belongs to another member on here. Francis1291. Have you test drove it? Last heard, he was having some problems with the front end.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
Project Man-Dime!!!

Oh Yeah I know he is on here, and No I Haven't drove it yet....
Old 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #18
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
That belongs to another member on here. Francis1291. Have you test drove it? Last heard, he was having some problems with the front end.
gotta love TW helps find out problems with trucks
Old 09-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #19
Project Man-Dime!!!

Haha I know, you guys are alot of help Thanks. Anyone like BMF novacanes, I plan on getting them If I do end up getting the truck, Not a big fan of Rockstars anymore, everyone has to have them.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #20
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't there a thread here this week with the opposite trade??