Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Literider / lorado / vanish vs truxedo lo pro

Old 09-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
shoebag22's Tacoma Gallery
Access Literider / lorado / vanish vs truxedo lo pro

I have read every search regarding these products and keep going back and forth regarding which I want.
I am considering the following covers:
access literider
access lorado
access vanish
truxedo lo pro

All are soft covers that roll up. The literider is the only one that does not impede with the removable tie downs in some way, but I like how the other models are more low profile. Does anyone have pictures of the mounts for these four models, so I can see exactly how the tie downs are impacted? I would also like to hear first hand pros and cons of these models.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
I just posted some pictures of my Vanish here....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...roll-up-2.html

I like the cover, I'm not too concerned with it being low profile but I got a killer deal on ebay so I jumped on it. No real chance of using the cleats. The tie down rails have a flat bar that the cover rests on that stick out right on top of the rails for a few inches. It's too dark to get a good picture, but I can try tomorrow. I'm gonna browse home depot and see what kind of tie down hooks I can just bolt straight to the rail. As much as I was afraid to put any real weight on the rails before, I'm double hesitant now because there's an inch deep plastic spacer between the rails and the truck bed, held in with bolts that are 50mm long. It's sturdy enough for a cover, but you can still push on it by hand and have it flex slightly.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Literider. I have had it for about 3 years, I think. Nothing negative to say. Keeps everything dry, works same as the day I bought it. The tie downs have to be put on at the end and slid down to where you want them. No big deal.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
JPHoyle1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
JPHoyle1's Tacoma Gallery
i agree with Literider. i stood around scratching my head for a while thinking about how to get the tie downs back on the tracks. i even shaved half the cleat trying to put it in perpendicular (which will didn't fit, btw) before i realized you could just slide them in from the end. bonehead move on my part but aside from that the cover looks/works great. cheapest i found it was http://www.truckalterations.com/html/toyotanation.html so it was 300 said and done with the tailgate seal, which is essential. there was also a decent size gap on the top of the bed on the cab side. i emailed truck alterations to see if they could send me another strip of seal so i could finish it off but had no such luck. i just went out to home depot and got some weather stripping and it's fine now. no, it's not a low profile cover but it's sturdy, has clean lines so it doesn't look flimsy like some others i see, and it leaves you with all of the functionality you had before installing the cover. this is my first truck so i have nothing to compare it to but it gets my approval.

don't have any pics right now but let me know if you still want some and i can run outside and take a few.