Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What to do? Sell??

Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
What to do? Sell??

So I have been granted a "company" vehicle and have not driven my taco in almost a month now... I am so torn between selling and getting a smaller, older truck for misc or keeping the truck and the obnoxious monthly payment...

Any input from owners in similar situations?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same position. I'm about to get a company vehicle that takes care of everything. The thing I look at is that unless your company vehicle is a pickup, the truck serves a different purpose. Can you take your company vehicle on road trips? Can they take it back if they need to make cuts, or is it built into the job? I will still drive mine on the weekends, so I'm keeping mine.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Sell Sell Sell
Old 09-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvd2312 View Post
Sell Sell Sell
LOL, I listed her up for sale. I would like to get $23k which I feel is a fair price considering condition and add-ons

I may take everything off if I end up selling her to dealership
Old 09-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I wouldn't. It is always good to have your own vehicle.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I wouldn't. It is always good to have your own vehicle.

I have my wife's SUV and I have not ruled out the option of getting a 5lug 4banger to take care of things
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
have not driven my taco in almost a month now... obnoxious monthly payment...
Sell it! That's money and debt sitting out there in your driveway!

If it was paid for, then it might be justifiable to keep it. But it sounds like your wife has a nice vehicle for trips and such and all you really need is a beater for Home Depot runs?

I have a company truck that I can use to go to and from work. Can't drive it after hours, and can't take it on trips. Not married, just me in my household, so I have to drive something when I am not working. I bought used knowing I wouldn't have to put a ton of miles on it and it would be paid for in less than two years. There is no way I could justify a new truck payment for a depreciating vehicle that gets driven two days a week.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #8
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
IMO. I wouldn't. My dad had a company car for a while and with almost no warning got laid off. Took car back obviously. So it's all about how confident you are in your companys job security
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #9
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
St. Swervus's Tacoma Gallery
Sanford and Son pickup FTW.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
haha, im in the same boat man, i just got this bad boy, i can use for whatever i want with slight restrictions, must stay inside territory and can;t use it after 9pm. I owe 5k on my truck and i think im just going to pay it off and hold onto it. My girlfriends car is kinda old so who knows how long it will last. .....

fyi, its a 2011 5.7 4x4, makes the tacoma feel like a corolla, slow and small.....
Attached Thumbnails
What to do? Sell??-tundra.jpg  
Old 09-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
saugus is on a distinguished road
saugus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
LOL, I listed her up for sale. I would like to get $23k which I feel is a fair price considering condition and add-ons

I may take everything off if I end up selling her to dealership
Why would anybody sell a vehicle to a dealer that didn't involve a trade up?
Old 09-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #13

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
why is that bad?
Old 09-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #15

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
lol i editted mine.....edit yours lol
Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #16
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt08231 View Post
why is that bad?
No, just paranoia.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
No, just paranoia.
Maybe so but i wouldnt want someone in iraq being able to know my license plate.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Watch the slurs
Old 09-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saugus View Post
Why would anybody sell a vehicle to a dealer that didn't involve a trade up?

Market sucks and I just want $23k as it sits, believe it or not the local Toyota dealership was in agreement on this... Still have not decided