Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Return modified tacoma parts to stock

Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
kadis is on a distinguished road
kadis's Tacoma Gallery
Return modified tacoma parts to stock

I have a 2005 Tacoma with modifications that don't pass the visual inspection when I try to smog it. Apparently there are no C.A.R.B. legal aftermarket air intakes or exhaust headers in california. The actual emissions passed with flying colors, but all aftermarket products need an executive order # from California Air Resources Board. They have a website that you can check to see if your parts are accepted, but it looks as if none of the parts that I need are accepted. I guess that the 2nd generation Tacomas are so new that the long, laborious process of testing these aftermarket products has not been completed to allow their use. Can someone tell me where I can get factory parts for cheap. It sucks because I plan on selling my truck, and it will be less attractive with stock intake and headers.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
ask someone local to let you borrow their parts for beer or food, call it a day.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadis View Post
I have a 2005 Tacoma with modifications that don't pass the visual inspection when I try to smog it. Apparently there are no C.A.R.B. legal aftermarket air intakes or exhaust headers in california. The actual emissions passed with flying colors, but all aftermarket products need an executive order # from California Air Resources Board. They have a website that you can check to see if your parts are accepted, but it looks as if none of the parts that I need are accepted. I guess that the 2nd generation Tacomas are so new that the long, laborious process of testing these aftermarket products has not been completed to allow their use. Can someone tell me where I can get factory parts for cheap. It sucks because I plan on selling my truck, and it will be less attractive with stock intake and headers.
I wouldn't plan on aftermarket exhaust and an air intake to sell your truck. That doesn't add much value for a lot of people. Also, TRD makes a cold air intake that is CARB legal from what I undestand. The original TRD CAI was not legal but the new version is. You might be able to pick up a stock system from someone out of state that upgraded their system. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
kadis's Tacoma Gallery
What about when I go to sell it? The next guy won't want that headache, will he?
Old 09-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadis View Post
What about when I go to sell it? The next guy won't want that headache, will he?
That's his problem as far as I'm concerned. He'd be pretty pissed if you didn't tell him about it but if he buys it knowing it won't pass visual inspection, that's his issue. He might have a way to get it inspected or make it into a dedicated trail rig.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
out of state registration
Old 09-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
kadis's Tacoma Gallery
got it. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
I have a stock airbox sitting in storage, you can borrow it for smog, but I must have it back cause I will need it when I smog it.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
kadis's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate the offer, but whatever I change to will have to be permanent, because I want to sell it after it smogs, so that I don't have to smog it again later.