1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wierd brake noises

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 80s toysport, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sep 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    80s toysport

80s toysport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikolai (Nik)
    kansas city, ks
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD off road
    Camper, nerf bars, visors, hood bug gaurd, ABS killswitch, bed light
    Ok guys, i noticed the noise and a weird feeling in the brake peddle. Last friday whe i was backing up. I let go of the brake peddle and noticed a noose that sounded like a spring just poped loose and a vibration in coming from the brake peddle. I got out and look and didnt notice anything wrong. Got back in and reversed agagin and nothing. Then the next day. I was out agagin and backing up again. Same hing happened but i didnt get out this time. I just backed up and then i felt a vibration in the door panels. Stoped the truck a.d got out to check. Didnt see anything wrong. Got home and tried it several times backing up in my driveway but couldnt get the noise and vibration to come back. Then today while i was heading to work. I heard a loud noise that sounded like two birds coming from my front driver side tire. The noise lasted only a few seconds but it scared the shit out of my cause i had the window down.

I also noticed my brakes make clicking noises after letting it sit for a while. Anybody has these clicking noise issues.

2. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    If it's scared you then get it looked at asap. Don't drive it until it's checked over front to back.
    A click in the front under certain situations is no cause for alarm. Then sometimes it's a sign of more serious situation developing.
    Vibrations in the whole truck and pedal feel is not good. Way to many different things that can be dangerous to list. Brakes are nothing to fool with. Be safe and I hope it's something simple...

3. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    80s toysport

80s toysport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikolai (Nik)
    kansas city, ks
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD off road
    Camper, nerf bars, visors, hood bug gaurd, ABS killswitch, bed light
    Well, its my bb but i will have it looked at this friday. Hope nothing goes wrong before then. Thanks man

4. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Your welcome. just be safe. that's most important

Products Discussed in

To Top