Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

weather tech liner question for manual truck

Old 11-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Western Alliance: Sierra's
Clipper is on a distinguished road

Clipper's Tacoma Gallery
weather tech liner question for manual truck

They say that the weather tech liners wont fit in a manual truck, has anyone actually tried it? they claim that the clutch pedal hangs up. does trimming the rubber help? anyone had this issue?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wondering the same thing...

It looks like some people on these forums have not had any problems with it fitting a stick. I called Weathertech and they told me the problem actually isn't the clutch pedal hanging up, but that the mat does not lay perfectly flat because the manual taco has a bump in the floorboard. So, I just looked at my stock Taco rubber mats and they don't lay perfectly flater either. I think I'm going to order some anyway.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. No problems at all with mine. They fit great.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
dizrick is on a distinguished road

dizrick's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had any issues with mine..
Old 11-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
SSM05Taco is on a distinguished road
SSM05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I actually did have an issue with my weather techs in my 6 speed but it was an easy fix. Nothing a sharpie and a dremel can't fix. Took me 2 mins to mark off and cut so it would no longer catch on the mat. Hope this helps
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
Pootz is on a distinguished road
Pootz's Tacoma Gallery
An alternative option to cutting that worked really well for me...

I warmed up the liner using a hair dryer and jammed a windshield washer jug (the flat version as opposed to the square jug style) and left it in there overnight. The pressure helped it mold a bit more to the floor and pushed it out of range from the clutch stroke. This may even work after sitting out in the hot sun for a while. I didn't have to trim it at all and I have no issues with it catching any longer.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech says they don't fit but this is just for the lawyers. The floor liners I got fit perfectly. The clutch will catch if you push it as hard as you can all the way to the floor, but I don’t and never had a problem. The notch thing will give it a permanent cure
Old 04-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
riftsawn is on a distinguished road
riftsawn's Tacoma Gallery
I had to trim about a 1/4 of an inch off the top of the mat around the clutch pedal... it took about 30 seconds with a pair of tin snips.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
I have had my weathertechs for quite some time. I never had an issue with fitment. Before I purchased them I remember seeing that the original batch didn't have the extra length on the mats. But as weathertech kept making them there were excess on the end of the digital mats for the driver side. When I ordered mine and received them a couple months ago I was worried I had to do some trimming and test fitted the driver side 1st before actually driving and showed that the clutch was moving freely with no snagging on the floor mat. weathertech digitals are the way to go...