1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

weather tech liner question for manual truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Clipper, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Nov 2, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    Clipper

Clipper [OP] Western Alliance: Sierra's

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco 4X4
    They say that the weather tech liners wont fit in a manual truck, has anyone actually tried it? they claim that the clutch pedal hangs up. does trimming the rubber help? anyone had this issue?

2. Nov 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Nope. No problems at all with mine. They fit great.

3. Nov 2, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    No issues with mine.

4. Nov 2, 2008 at 4:15 PM
    dizrick

dizrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft Mill SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 OR Tacoma Quicksand
    weathertech liners,Access lorado cover, clazzio seat covers
    I haven't had any issues with mine..

5. Nov 2, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    SSM05Taco

SSM05Taco Member

Member:
    Arlington, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD-Sport SR5 Access Cab
    OME lift: 884 w/Dakar leafs, Weathertechs, Pioneer AVIC-D3, AEM CAI, Gibson Cat-back exhaust, CaliRaised LED Amber Fogs, CaliRaised Flush LED 32" Light bar, Access Tonneau, FJ 17" wheels, 265/70/17 General Grabbers AT2
    I actually did have an issue with my weather techs in my 6 speed but it was an easy fix. Nothing a sharpie and a dremel can't fix. Took me 2 mins to mark off and cut so it would no longer catch on the mat. Hope this helps

6. Nov 2, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
  7. Apr 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM
    Pootz

Pootz Active Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab V6 4X4
    An alternative option to cutting that worked really well for me...

I warmed up the liner using a hair dryer and jammed a windshield washer jug (the flat version as opposed to the square jug style) and left it in there overnight. The pressure helped it mold a bit more to the floor and pushed it out of range from the clutch stroke. This may even work after sitting out in the hot sun for a while. I didn't have to trim it at all and I have no issues with it catching any longer.

8. Apr 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Weathertech says they don't fit but this is just for the lawyers. The floor liners I got fit perfectly. The clutch will catch if you push it as hard as you can all the way to the floor, but I don’t and never had a problem. The notch thing will give it a permanent cure

9. Apr 8, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    riftsawn

riftsawn Active Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab
    I had to trim about a 1/4 of an inch off the top of the mat around the clutch pedal... it took about 30 seconds with a pair of tin snips.

10. Apr 8, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    I have had my weathertechs for quite some time. I never had an issue with fitment. Before I purchased them I remember seeing that the original batch didn't have the extra length on the mats. But as weathertech kept making them there were excess on the end of the digital mats for the driver side. When I ordered mine and received them a couple months ago I was worried I had to do some trimming and test fitted the driver side 1st before actually driving and showed that the clutch was moving freely with no snagging on the floor mat. weathertech digitals are the way to go...

Products Discussed in

To Top