1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I4 SR5 Double cab OR V6 LB Double cab base

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TOYPARTS, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    TOYPARTS

TOYPARTS [OP] Member

Member:
    Have a big choice to make. I can get a 2012 prerunner I4 double cab sr5 or the prerunner V6 long bed double cab base for around the same price. Putting in my order today. What would you do?

2. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    fuck the I4

bigger is always better ;)

3. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers //TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Sterlington, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '14 TRD DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    265/70/17 BFG KO2/17"x7" Pro Sema Wheels/OME 884/Bilstein 5100 front & rear/HeadStrong 1/4" TP spacer/Deaver 1.5"-2" AAL/Mud-Flap delete/Westin Bed mat/UltraGauge/ WeatherTechs/AFE Pro Dry Drop in Filter/debadged/AVS in-channel window visors/color-matched OEM grille/Kicker 6.75" Components in front door/Alpine KTP-445U power pack behind factory head unit/
    definitely would get a v6 if i had the choice

4. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    All depends on what you want. Do you want power? or do you not care for power and just want good gas. I personally say get the V6, the power is amazing and youll probably get better millage because the engine wont have to burn as much gas getting that truck rolling

5. Sep 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    The V6 DC LB will be an auto. What's the I4? If it's an auto, forget about it. The auto in the V6 is great. But in an I4 you want a stick. Still, a DC is a lot of weight (even if it is a Prerunner). If you go to the mountains at all, you might not appreciate that I4. Drive both and compare. That the V6 is a base doesn't matter ... gives you tons of room to mod.

6. Sep 27, 2011 at 10:49 AM
    Tacomitron

Tacomitron New Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Evans, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad 4x4 Impulse red tow
    3 inch lift in front and 1.5 inch lift in the rear, 1" front diff drop kit, 255/70/17 BFG Mud terr, OEM roof rack, fog lights on anytime mod, OBX headers, Volant CAI, Helix Power Tower throttle body spacer, Century cab high cap with custom roof rack made from Tundra deck rail system, cargo light on anytime mod, extra D-rings mod, tail light guards, EZ-down tailgate assist, Pop N Lock inside the tailgate keyless remote locking tailgate lock, TPMS black tape mod, frame welded rock sliders w/ diamond plate steps welded by each door, bed mat, Impulse red"BHLM", silver painted Sport wheels, DIY black painted fender flares, 5000k HID heads and fogs, blacked our grill and emblems, hidden front hitch receiver from CBI Offroad fab. More in the making.......SOLD TRUCK (SAD FACE)
    V6 DC Short bed 4x4..... or nothing at all.:D

7. Sep 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    Tacomitron

Tacomitron New Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Evans, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    3 inch lift in front and 1.5 inch lift in the rear, 1" front diff drop kit, 255/70/17 BFG Mud terr, OEM roof rack, fog lights on anytime mod, OBX headers, Volant CAI, Helix Power Tower throttle body spacer, Century cab high cap with custom roof rack made from Tundra deck rail system, cargo light on anytime mod, extra D-rings mod, tail light guards, EZ-down tailgate assist, Pop N Lock inside the tailgate keyless remote locking tailgate lock, TPMS black tape mod, frame welded rock sliders w/ diamond plate steps welded by each door, bed mat, Impulse red"BHLM", silver painted Sport wheels, DIY black painted fender flares, 5000k HID heads and fogs, blacked our grill and emblems, hidden front hitch receiver from CBI Offroad fab. More in the making.......SOLD TRUCK (SAD FACE)
    are u not looking for 4x4?

8. Sep 27, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    06SR5canada

06SR5canada Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    06 dblcab SR5
    2ndary air filter removed, flowmaster 40
    buy a short bed if you basically need a car with 4x4 :p

9. Sep 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM
    Tacomitron

Tacomitron New Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Evans, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Also, consider the thought that you are a TW member and this place will MAKE you want to MOD your truck and many more MODs can be done to the V6, I've noticed this anyway. The 4 cylinders don't offer as many cool upgrades as the 6's. You could end up like me at a point when I had a new Tundra and wished I had gotten the 5.7 instead of the 4.7. I found great stuff for the performance upgrades of the bigger engine and not so many for the smaller 4.7.
    Just something to chew on.:cool:

10. Sep 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    TOYPARTS

TOYPARTS [OP] Member

Member:
    Just ordered the LB V-6. :D

11. Sep 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    twoodcc

twoodcc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Offroad Prerunner
    Good choice. You'll get almost the same mpg with the v6

12. Sep 27, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Tacomitron

Tacomitron New Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Evans, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Which one did you get?

Products Discussed in

To Top