Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black paint color code for inner grill??

Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
Black paint color code for inner grill??

I am wanting to repaint my grill black but after a mistake I made here. Anyone know of the paint that would match closest to the original. Also any tips for doing this would be appreciated. I am hoping to just sand it down a little and get the krylon fusion paint if the colors match up. Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
OEM trim paint. Used it to paint my lower valence and some interior pieces. Matches all black trim on any vehicle. It's like 8 bucks from autozone, O'reileys, etc. Comes in a green spray can. I didn't have to sand at all, just clean really good, tape it off, and go for it.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks i'll check that out.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Come and take them.

OEM trim paint worked great so far! Thanks! Pics to come once it dries and I get it back on the truck.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Right on man!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
Come and take them.

Blurry phone pic but you get the idea. Looks better than what it did before I messed it up IMO.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
twinomad is on a distinguished road
Name: MC
twinomad's Tacoma Gallery
painting over chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
OEM trim paint. Used it to paint my lower valence and some interior pieces. Matches all black trim on any vehicle. It's like 8 bucks from autozone, O'reileys, etc. Comes in a green spray can. I didn't have to sand at all, just clean really good, tape it off, and go for it.
I tried Napa color match spray and the paint did not stick well, did you use a special undercoat.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
Come and take them.

I just scuffed it up with sandpaper really well and did three or four light coats. I used the autozone brand though.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #9

I didnt paint over the chrome.. just painted the lower bumper. with the chrome, i would say scuff it up pretty good.. adhesive promoter of some sort, then paint.