Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Painted lower valance... How's it look?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
SbRsH11 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
SbRsH11's Tacoma Gallery
Painted lower valance... How's it look?

Just finished painting... the pic isn't the best..
Attached Thumbnails
Painted lower valance... How's it look?-img_1013.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Off topic but what tires are you running?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #3

Firefighter:
SbRsH11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! They are Hankook Dynapro MT's - 265*70*17. Just put em on about 2 weeks ago.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. This picture alone has convinced me to do this. What did you use? It's matte correct?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #5

Firefighter:
SbRsH11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Picked up Rustoleum bombs at Autozone... Sandable Primer and Automotive Acrylic Enamel... Flat Black... Sanded everything down with 320, then cleaned it up good with thinner before and after masking it off... Got 5 light coats out of the can.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, my truck looked like that...like 3 years ago haha
Old 09-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great to me! Once I didn't it a couple places I had stuff installed thought it was a new model upgrade for the tacos. I'm running those hankooks too, they last forever it seems haha
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Really clean. I wanted to do this in light grey on my BSP. I have since, gone another route though. Perhaps I will go back to this route...
Old 09-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^that sounds interesting...
Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post
Awesome. Really clean. I wanted to do this in light grey on my BSP. I have since, gone another route though. Perhaps I will go back to this route...
HBtacoma has his like that actually....it looks super clean!

build thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-build-13.html
Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #11
11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Matt
11BSSG's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Your whole truck looks clean. I just painted mine as well, but used the famed plasti-dip to see if I like it prior to permanent paint. The roof rack looks great as well! If you don't mind me getting off topic a bit, what the details on the roof rack?
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
HBtacoma has his like that actually....it looks super clean!

build thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-build-13.html
Oh trust me... I've seen that build... I visit it weekly... I think I'm in stalker mode on his truck.

But yes, it does look really nice when done right.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 AM   #13
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't understand why your taco looks extra clean. Then I realized you had no plates. I wish my state wasn't so uptight.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:06 AM   #15
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #16

Firefighter:
SbRsH11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Glad to hear that the hankooks last forever! As far as the yakima racks, I'm pretty sure they are the basic Q-towers with 48" bars and 36" fairing... Copperhead bike rack on one side right now. I haul the kayak on the other side this time of year, then the powderhounds for the skis in the winter... As far as the liscense plate, I wish I was as lucky to live in a state where I didn't have to have the front. I just had it off for painting and hadn't put it back on yet. Thanks again for all the feedback!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #17
cozmo is on a distinguished road
cozmo's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck, do you have a lift?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #18

Firefighter:
SbRsH11's Tacoma Gallery
No lift yet... I'm sure it'll end up that way, just had funds tied up in other expenses lately. Isn't homeownership grand!? I had a 3" revtek on my '01... Probably wont go any bigger with this one since its my DD.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #19
cozmo is on a distinguished road
cozmo's Tacoma Gallery
ehh, f#%@ a lift, truck looks great
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #20
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks SWEET! I've also been throwing around this idea and I think you might have sold me.