Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Selling the Tacoma

Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
BigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of light

BigJLarse83's Tacoma Gallery
Selling the Tacoma

It's been an extremely hard decision, but it looks like I will be selling the Tacoma. My wife and I just had twins and due to complications with the babies she needs to stay home. So to make the budget work I have to get something more fuel efficient. ( I go through about $400 in gas a month + the wife's 4Runner at $70 a tank) I am really bummed about it as this is the truck I have wanted for years but the family comes first. I will get some good pics up later this week of it and post it in the buy/sell if anyone is interested. It's a Silver 2006 Double Cab Long bed SR5 PreRunner TRD Sport. It is in extremely good condition. Only flaws are a scratch on the under half of the rear bumper, needs a new windsheild which I will provide and I need to change the power lock on the driver's door but I have the replacement part in hand. It has almost 99k miles right now. I just put the 5100's on it a few months back set at 1.75 with the Toytec AAL. It doesn't sit right level when empty but during the winter when I have 300lbs back there is sits perfectly level.

Don't let people fool you on the PreRunner 2WD aspect, I live in Salt Lake City, UT and last winter was pretty bad as far as valley snow goes. It does exteremly well in the snow! I never once got stuck or slid off the road. You just can't drive like an idiot. I just put a 300lb water res (which I will include in the sale) in the back and good tires and I never once had the tail end come out from under me.

So that being said, if you know anyone that would be interested in my Tacoma, send them my way. I haven't come up with an official price point yet but I owe about $15k on it so I would like to walk away at least even if not a little ahead to help with all the hospital bills from the babies. Nada puts it at $20k clean retail but I am not expecting to get that by any means. I live in a 4wd market so I think it would be fair to start at 16 to 17ish and go from there, any input on that?

Anyone here have experience with the Camrys? I think that is the route I will go, if not then a Corolla.

Pics attached are before the Billys and AAL but like I said, I will get some new ones up when I post it in the buy/sell later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Selling the Tacoma-dsc01864.jpg   Selling the Tacoma-dsc01871.jpg   Selling the Tacoma-dsc01876.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
GLWTS
Old 09-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you know what you need to do.good luck on the sale and a big congrats on the twins........enjoy your time with them,they grow up too fast.best wishes