1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Selling the Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigJLarse83, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Sep 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    BigJLarse83

BigJLarse83 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    It's been an extremely hard decision, but it looks like I will be selling the Tacoma. My wife and I just had twins and due to complications with the babies she needs to stay home. So to make the budget work I have to get something more fuel efficient. ( I go through about $400 in gas a month + the wife's 4Runner at $70 a tank) I am really bummed about it as this is the truck I have wanted for years but the family comes first. I will get some good pics up later this week of it and post it in the buy/sell if anyone is interested. It's a Silver 2006 Double Cab Long bed SR5 PreRunner TRD Sport. It is in extremely good condition. Only flaws are a scratch on the under half of the rear bumper, needs a new windsheild which I will provide and I need to change the power lock on the driver's door but I have the replacement part in hand. It has almost 99k miles right now. I just put the 5100's on it a few months back set at 1.75 with the Toytec AAL. It doesn't sit right level when empty but during the winter when I have 300lbs back there is sits perfectly level.

Don't let people fool you on the PreRunner 2WD aspect, I live in Salt Lake City, UT and last winter was pretty bad as far as valley snow goes. It does exteremly well in the snow! I never once got stuck or slid off the road. You just can't drive like an idiot. I just put a 300lb water res (which I will include in the sale) in the back and good tires and I never once had the tail end come out from under me.

So that being said, if you know anyone that would be interested in my Tacoma, send them my way. I haven't come up with an official price point yet but I owe about $15k on it so I would like to walk away at least even if not a little ahead to help with all the hospital bills from the babies. Nada puts it at $20k clean retail but I am not expecting to get that by any means. I live in a 4wd market so I think it would be fair to start at 16 to 17ish and go from there, any input on that?

Anyone here have experience with the Camrys? I think that is the route I will go, if not then a Corolla.

Pics attached are before the Billys and AAL but like I said, I will get some new ones up when I post it in the buy/sell later this week.

DSC01864.jpg
    DSC01871.jpg
    DSC01876.jpg

2. Sep 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    :( GLWTS

3. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    sounds like you know what you need to do.good luck on the sale and a big congrats on the twins........enjoy your time with them,they grow up too fast.best wishes

Products Discussed in

To Top