Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

f*** you bed bolt

Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
f*** you bed bolt

Yea so one of my bed bolts just didn't want to play nice today. Dremeled the head and stuck a socket on it to get it off.

To the guys with the newer trucks (2009+), are your bed bolts rusting? I believe it was the 2009 and newer beds with the lighter colored bed bolts.

Anyways, anybody have the part number for the newer bed bolts (not the older ones that were dark colored).
Old 09-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Same thing happened to me. That thing was locked down! I finally had to cut it the way you did! Got a new one at the stealership for $12!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
^That is exactly what I need! Also, I need some new d-rings, where did you get yours?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
^That is exactly what I need! Also, I need some new d-rings, where did you get yours?
Did your d-rings rust as well that you did a write up on adding to the bed bolts? Or are you looking for some better d-rings than you had before?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post

Shit. I've been trying to take the 2 in the front part of the bed off with no luck. I might have to do this. Thanks for the idea.

What a pain...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Tako View Post
Did your d-rings rust as well that you did a write up on adding to the bed bolts? Or are you looking for some better d-rings than you had before?
They were rusted. I also want to replace the ones I put in a few years ago. They don't really swivel anymore and are getting rusty as well. I like what AsianAnts has going on. I have also been on the hunt for some stainless ones but can't find exactly what I am looking for.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 06' and luckily, I was able to get mine off but they werent easy. The extra D-rings rock though!! Especially if you pack around a bike or quad!!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #10
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
Would it be possible to heat them before removal? I would think that there would be some type of thread locker on these bolts. Just a thought. Might save someone a little change in the future.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
^^ i think so... my friend is a mechanic and he had some powerful cordless torque drill thing.. impact wrench??

cant you also spray some clear coat to help prevent some rust in the future as well?
Not sure if the clear coat would last very long especially if you are constantly packing stuff around in the bed from all the rubbing and friction. Not to mention what kind of weather you live in.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #13
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah my bed bolts are rusting as well (2010)
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
plasti-dip..................
Worth a shot!!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Almost did i know it's minor and doesn't make a difference but I see it almost everyday!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #17
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
never had to remove mine, but damn that things effd
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol. that should work perfect.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
And Plasti-Dip will allow you to remove them by hand once applied.