Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

while the wifey is away...

Old 06-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
while the wifey is away...

the wifey is going home this weekend, and eventhough i have 12 hour shifts sat and sun, i still plan on some things. my nightshades tint came in today, so i'm hoping to tint the taillights, 3rd brake, headlights, and foglights. i'll get some pics on here as soon as i get them done. hopefully she will actually leave...haha
Old 06-15-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Tomorrow my wife is leaving for 10 days. I'll be doing some mods too.

I'll be installing SS extended brake lines, front & rear. Bleed brake lines. And some other stuff.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Tomorrow my wife is leaving for 10 days. I'll be doing some mods too.

I'll be installing SS extended brake lines, front & rear. Bleed brake lines. And some other stuff.
What is the purpose behind the SS Extended Brake Lines?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

My taller suspension needs longer brake lines because of more suspension travel.

And getting rid of the rubber brake hoses will also give better braking. The rubber hoses flex and "balloon" when you press the pedal, which decreases braking force. Stainless steel lines won't do this.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Hey pb2themax, i checked out you're truck and it's sweet as hell. i sent you a PM with a few questions. I was wondering about the price of a few of you're mods that i would be interested in. Thats a really bitchin' truck ya got there!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok...well the wifey isnt going away for the weekend, so i started it all this morning. i got the fogs, tails, and 3rd brake light...the heads will have to wait. i may ust do the painting inside and leave it at that, but we'll see when we get there.

stock pic...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...00/ppuser/1432

fogs...

tails and 3rd brake...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics, i especially like the Clemson paw on the back of you're truck. I graduated from there a couple of years ago
Old 06-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

clemson is the BEST EVER!!! sadly though, it will be getting removed when i clean up the truck and take off all the badging and stickers...except for TW of course
Old 06-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

oh yeah...and i got my window tint in today, so hopefully i'll be posting pics of that tomorrow as well.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
pb2themax your truck is definitely hooked up. to say the least, it looks f#*+n sweet
Old 06-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

yes pb2....ur truck is my truck's idol
Old 06-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
Mod Master

Oh stop. My trucks head (cab) is swelling up.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #13

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
oh yeah...and i got my window tint in today, so hopefully i'll be posting pics of that tomorrow as well.
Speaking of tint, i got my front windows done a few weeks ago and forgot to mention it. I love it, the only complaint is that when you're in an unfamiliar area at night, its hard to see out the side windows to find street signs and not hit curbs. but otherwise i love it
Old 06-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

what percent of tint did you get? darker than the stock rear door?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #15
Mod Master

17% non-reflective is an almost perfect match to the rear windows.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

i got 20% pre cut...so i think it should match up descently
Old 06-16-2007, 08:44 PM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
you guys must have different laws than us in SC. our legal limit is 28% so i got that on the front. It matches the factory tint perfectly, i cant tell a difference at all
Old 06-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

i still run SC plates but live in NC and spend almost half my week in SC...lol...oh well. there was another post that has the legal limits and i believe that SC was 27% and NC is 35%.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:53 PM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, it's something like that, 27, 28, 29, i dont remember. but i just took it in and told him to match the back and he did. the guy was great, it took him 30 minutes and he did it for $30 per window so it only ran me $60 total. great price for a better looking truck