LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What aftermarket fogs work with OEM harness?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Kodachrome is on a distinguished road
Navy: U.S.S. Ranger / HS-14
Kodachrome's Tacoma Gallery
What aftermarket fogs work with OEM harness?

I have an Aluminess front bumper on order for my 05 access cab Tacoma, I want to install fog lights, would prefer the stock ones but Aluminess says they won't work in the new bumper, suggested PIAA 510's or 540's.

But from what I have been reading, people are not able to use the stock harness for the OEM lights on the PIAA set without blowing relays. I just need new fog position driving lights, not airport runway lights, so is there another option out there that I can use with my stock harness and dash switch, not need to adapt the aftermarket one?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
I have an Aluminess front bumper on order for my 05 access cab Tacoma, I want to install fog lights, would prefer the stock ones but Aluminess says they won't work in the new bumper, suggested PIAA 510's or 540's.

But from what I have been reading, people are not able to use the stock harness for the OEM lights on the PIAA set without blowing relays. I just need new fog position driving lights, not airport runway lights, so is there another option out there that I can use with my stock harness and dash switch, not need to adapt the aftermarket one?
FWIW, the factory harness will not plug into PIAA 510's or 540's, you'd have to splice wires since they aren't compatible. You can use the stock switch with PIAA lights though and the rest of the PIAA wiring kit is fairly easy to install. It comes with a relay and plenty of wire to get the job done, all you'd have to do is connect to the factory switch instead of the PIAA switch. So basically you'd either have to cut the factory fog light harness and mate it to the PIAA lights or cut the PIAA wires and mate them to the factory switch.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.racinglab.com/heavdutwirha.html Check that site. The Tacoma has h10 light bulbs..find out what bulb the PIAA's have and get connector.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
I have my hids connected into the stock fog light wires. Just had to cut off the plugs and strip them.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
I have my hids connected into the stock fog light wires. Just had to cut off the plugs and strip them.
Your HID's have less draw than the stock fogs. The PIAA's have quite a bit more so there's a risk of blowing fuses or the relay since they weren't designed for that kind of load.