Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seat covers without swamp a$$??? (don't care if waterproof) Coverking spacer mesh??

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Banned
tacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacomajamie's Tacoma Gallery
Seat covers without swamp a$$??? (don't care if waterproof) Coverking spacer mesh??

Hey guys,

I just got a 2012 double cab and want some seat covers, purely to keep my dog from tearing up the seats and me worrying about them getting dirty/nasty.

I don't need them to be waterproof but want them to look "factory" and be comfortable/breathable.

From all I read, this rules out wet okole. I saw that coverking has one called spacer mesh which looks like what I would want but i'm hesitant to spend the cash without someone's review of them on the tacoma seats.

THanks SOOOOO Much!!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why does that rule out Wet Okole?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Ipunchwalls will become famous soon enoughIpunchwalls will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Ipunchwalls's Tacoma Gallery
because they can give you swamp ass
Old 10-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipunchwalls View Post
Oh... didn't know that
Old 10-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipunchwalls View Post
Old 10-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
BigBiscuit is on a distinguished road

BigBiscuit's Tacoma Gallery
IMO neoprene can get pretty funky after a while. I have to keep my neo fishing waders and boots in the shed where they will not be so offensive to "certain people" (read; my wife).
I have a friend with Wet Okoles and they smell pretty bad if you ask me.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
I have some from Sportsman Camo Covers. but those are camo. not sure if you really want that. they are not that hot. but they also are not mesh. but they do fit like the seats were made that way
Old 10-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of saddleman seat covers in an older work truck I used to drive. They are made of heavy saddle blankets and were pretty nice. Sounds like what you are looking for.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
Banned
tacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacomajamie's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone used the spacer mesh or can provide a pic?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
oh yes...the infamous Swass (swamp ass ), yea the neoprone needs to be cleaned regularly
Old 12-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
Goatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of lightGoatus is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dillon
Goatus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomajamie View Post
Has anyone used the spacer mesh or can provide a pic?
I ordered some and should be installing them this weekend. I'll post up some pics for you.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
Spike8844 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Vehicle Maintenance
Name: Spike
Spike8844's Tacoma Gallery
They are pretty spendy but marathonseatcovers.com has really comfy ones and they are made year,make,and model specific. I had them in my old dodge and loved them. They have all kinds of camo and non-camo colors. just a thought.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
The spacer mesh material is almost like the factory cloth that comes on our seats. IMHO its not worth it. The material looks pretty flimsy and it seems like the little ridges will easily tear. If you call Coverking, they'll send you swatch samples of any material you want.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #15
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for pics
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike8844 View Post
They are pretty spendy but marathonseatcovers.com has really comfy ones and they are made year,make,and model specific. I had them in my old dodge and loved them. They have all kinds of camo and non-camo colors. just a thought.
I've had these in my truck for 4 years now and absolutely love them. Took them off for a wash a few weeks ago and the seats looked brand new still. My favorite mod hands down they are worth the $$
Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
John3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohn3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
John3's Tacoma Gallery
I have these http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A4610A0A0.aspx

It's a neoprene-like fabric, but I haven't found it to be uncomfortable in any temps. They fit like a glove and have not moved a mm since I installed them. They are easy to clean - I have a 5 year old, so I have done it quite often. If you order them, get the charcoal insert...it matches the interior colors really well.

(not my pic, wrong colors...but these are the seatcovers)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
^ looks good has pretty good reviews too, waiting on the wet oke group buy to see how the prices go. How are they resistant to odor? any of the "swamp butt"?

Products Discussed in this Thread