Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bout to kill my 2nd gen!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Desert Taco
wbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud of
Name: Weber
wbr775's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy bout to kill my 2nd gen!!!

ok here is truck specs
black sand pearl
2.7l i4
4x4
base model
single cab SC

problem every weekend for last three weekends truck will start fine and run but then gas pedal just stops working WHILE DRIVING!!!!! today was almost my last on this earth because i was merging onto freeway next to semi truck trying to get in front of him had alot of room then bam throttle stops working and i had to use shoulder as a landing ramp for the shit storm my truck just caused.

pulled codes says tps. take it to toyota and they wont warranty it because they cant get it to happen to them. so for past three weekends ive dropped my truck off at my local stealership for them to have for three days waste my gas clear codes and give it back. idk what to do!!! gonna lose my mind. cause if this makes me late for work i lose my job then intern lose my truck.

any ideas?? monday im goin to service manager and gonna throw down an ultimatum of fix it or be sued. im not gonna have another semi incident happen. almost had to change my drawers lol
Old 10-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
ILLINOISTACOMAGUY is on a distinguished road

Navy: CHIEF PETTY OFFICER
Name: Darryl
ILLINOISTACOMAGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck !!!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles on your truck?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Are the codes showing when you take it to the dealership?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If they're seeing the TPS codes - and you're reporting the condition; they shouldn't need to reproduce the condition themselves in order provide the fix.

If you were reporting it and they were seeing no codes - well I suppose they might push harder on it demonstrating the problem while they've got it. But if you've got the problem and they see a reported code that corresponds to the problem - they shoudn't have any problem fixing it. For a 2006, that wouldn't sound like a warranty repair, unless you've got an extended warranty?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
dude that sounds horrible. I'd just stick with the plan you got and be sure to bring up how you almost got ran over because of it.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
Desert Taco
wbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud ofwbr775 has much to be proud of
wbr775's Tacoma Gallery
Had the truck three months now. Certified preowned plus $2000 gold extended warranty added. Truck has 51k miles yes I take it to them with check engine light on and codes there
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

call toyota corporate and have a talk with them. I've never had to do it but I've heard great things.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
Desert Taco
wbr775's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
call toyota corporate and have a talk with them. I've never had to do it but I've heard great things.
Thanks tink. Got a number by chance?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #12
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr775 View Post
Thanks tink. Got a number by chance?
this might be it here (the customer experiance one) http://www.toyota.com/help/contactus.html

but if not I am sure they can tell you where to go
Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
wish you luck with this problem
Old 10-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen this "certified pre-owned" gig to provide a benefit...
Old 10-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #15
Desert Taco
wbr775's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Never seen this "certified pre-owned" gig to provide a benefit...
yea idk lol bought the truck with 48k now has 51k made first truck payment 2 weeks ago. im just fed up with all the run around. just fix my truck and give it back to me. im a diesel mechanic so i understand the whole cant duplicate issue but today was enough almost had first accident and last probably semi truck was doin about 70 and when my truck died i was prolly doin 35
Old 10-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea idk lol bought the truck with 48k now has 51k made first truck payment 2 weeks ago. im just fed up with all the run around. just fix my truck and give it back to me. im a diesel mechanic so i understand the whole cant duplicate issue but today was enough almost had first accident and last probably semi truck was doin about 70 and when my truck died i was prolly doin 35
Hate to say this, but this problem is most likely why it was for sale. Good Luck at getting it fixed.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
Desert Taco
wbr775's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Hate to say this, but this problem is most likely why it was for sale. Good Luck at getting it fixed.

oh it is getting resolved on monday. be it between me and them or me and corporate or if need be bust out lawyer gf and get it fixed that way. love the truck just hate the service dealership and everything about the people aspect of this. I would just do it myself but i paid an extra 2k for the warranty. so i shouldnt have to do this.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #18
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh it is getting resolved on monday. be it between me and them or me and corporate or if need be bust out lawyer gf and get it fixed that way. love the truck just hate the service dealership and everything about the people aspect of this. I would just do it myself but i paid an extra 2k for the warranty. so i shouldnt have to do this.
I'm sure it can be fixed.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #19
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
trade it in? different dealer ship?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Examine your gas pedal closely. Was it trimmed as part of the recall?

Pic: http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...3/59782de9.jpg

Wonder if the technician butchered one of the resolvers in the gas pedal assy in the process. They take the whole assy out (two bolts), clamp it in a vice, and hacksaw away. The service manual even says to avoid impact with the gas pedal assy. They could have also bent a connector pin or pinched a wire.

A new gas pedal assy is $135 online, by the way: http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/sh...roduct=2329134