Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you like your Wet Okoles? Too much Swamp A$$?

View Poll Results: Are you 100% satisfired w/the wet okoles or are they too hot/uncomfortable
I love them and would give up my wife/girlfriend/dog to keep them 21 50.00%
They make my butt and back too sweaty in the summer 12 28.57%
I like them but the material isn't as comfortable as stock 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Banned
tacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacomajamie's Tacoma Gallery
Do you like your Wet Okoles? Too much Swamp A$$?

I am getting some seat covers to protect my new 2012 doublecab taco and want wet okoles but am concerned that the wetsuit material won't be comfortable and will make me too hot.

Those of you that have them, please respond with your thoughts.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine! Just went thru the summer and didn't have any issues with being too hot.

They were my first "mod" to my taco. Well worth it.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
For me I'm happy with stock, I sat in my friends truck before and they covers he had were wet okole, and I didn't fall in love with them or anything special
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Id go with leather if i did it again, the leather kits cost right about the same and u get leather... But either way ur gonna get swamp ass, as neither option breathes
Old 10-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If I could do it again I'd go custom leather.

That said, Wet Okoles don't heat me up any more than I already am during the summer, and I live in the souf.

No swamp ass, but they do hold a fart forever.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in this as well, subbed for the results
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
None of the above.

1. I wouldn't trade any family members for a set

2. They are not too hot

3. The seat comfort didn't change after putting them on.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
None of the above.

1. I wouldn't trade any family members for a set

2. They are not too hot

3. The seat comfort didn't change after putting them on.
I'd agree with all but #3 - IMHO the seat comfort improved with Wet Okoles.

I've seen the custom leather setups - they are gorgeous, and much classier looking. But the cost was significantly higher for the group buy on katskinz then Wet Okole... My .02.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of those tho.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I love mine. They make the seats more comfy too. Just buy some!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #11
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy them in a second if I had to do it all over again. They look much better then stock, are super comfy, and don't have a clue about the whole swamp ass thing (did those people really try them?). Excellent covers
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Nurse
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Every vehicle Ive had since 2000 or so except my TSX had WO's... That should speak for itself I think.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy them again oh wait I am.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #14
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I would buy them again. They feel more substantial than the stock material and add some padding. I find they hold warmth better in the winter and stay cool enough in the summer. I don't live in a super hot climate though- not sure how they would be then.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 AM   #15
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
as of today ive had the wife 35 yrs...wet okoles about 4 weeks...im keeping both since theyre both quite comfy
Old 10-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #16
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely adds to the comfort factor and does not add to the swamp a$$ factor at all. If you're born with it, this aint gonna cure it.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #17
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
leather > wet okoles
Old 10-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #18
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'd agree with all but #3 - IMHO the seat comfort improved with Wet Okoles.

I've seen the custom leather setups - they are gorgeous, and much classier looking. But the cost was significantly higher for the group buy on katskinz then Wet Okole... My .02.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of those tho.
X2.....LOVE my WO's....I got the ones with the heated seats and they are great in the winter...and def nt hot in the summer...very comfortable.

Not only are the leather seats more expensive, but they are ice cold in the winter and you burn ur butt on them in the summer
Old 10-03-2011, 04:55 AM   #19
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixer5000 View Post
as of today ive had the wife 35 yrs...wet okoles about 4 weeks...im keeping both since theyre both quite comfy
True love
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #20
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I like my WO but they do make my back sweat in the summer. I like that the fit is custom and they keep my seats clean. It would be nice if they breathed better though.