1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Clank pop after installed 3 inch Toytec lift install HELPP

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blake28104, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Apr 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Hold My Beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Virginia
    i had the issue with my 2007 before and it turned out to be that i didnt torque the u-bolt nuts tight enough and i ended up with axle wrap and the whole rear end shifted back and cock eyed about 1 1/2'' by sliding on the leaf springs. Not saying this is it but its a possibility so i would check it out.

2. Apr 11, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    tacomabrb

tacomabrb Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    No I never did figure out where that noise is coming from. It does not happen everytime, now. Weird.

The back shocks are still stock. But the noise is not coming from there.

I may take the relocates off for a while and sick if that click noise is still there without them, just to confirm it started after I put on the relocates.

Although, when I get in my truck in the morning, there is a bit of a creaking noise coming from the front end almost everytime. I know it has something to do with the shocks the previous owner installed. They used to squeaky like a s.o.b. everytime I went over a pump or rocked the truck side to side. I lubricated the the lower shock mounts by squirting some motor oil in there. Recommended by a friend who has rebuilt a few tacomas. That took the squeaking away, but still creaks a bit when get in after it sits for while. I have to check those shocks to ensure they were mounted properly.

3. May 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    tacomabrb

tacomabrb Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    I still cannot find what that noise is. I took the relocates off, and still have that sound. Frustrating.

4. May 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    aubi1414

aubi1414 War Eagle!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Blue Ribbon Metallic
    LED Dome, LED Map, LED License Plate Bulbs, , Konig SixShooters Matte Black, Toyo Open Country ATII's 285 70 17, Satoshi, Bilstein 5100s (set to 0), 885s, LR UCA's, Icon RR 2.0 +2, All Pro Standard 3" Leaf Pack, All Pro Flip Kit, Sway Bar Relocate, Exhaust Chop, Antenna X 14", Debadged, Tint, Matt123 Black TRD Skid, Black Weathertech Mats
    I have the same exact noise on mine too but driving forward turning sharp and going over a small curb or bump it does this. I have 5100's set at 1.75 and rear blocks but the noise is n the front. I have no clue either!!!

5. May 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    Mine did the same thing a couple days later after my alignment was done. Come to find out they didn't torque my alignment bolts.

6. May 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    tacomabrb

tacomabrb Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Alignment bolts. Argh. Never thought of that. I will look at that next.

7. May 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    Make sure it's torque to spec. Going underneth with a ratchet won't be able to tell if it's tight. Mine seems tight when I checked but it went even tighter when I torqued it.

8. May 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    dandecoteau

dandecoteau Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    New York, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White 4x4
    3 Inch ProComp coilovers , URD MAF CAL, JBA Long Tube Headers, K&N "Cold" Air Intake, 3k fogs, Trd Catback Exhaust, 33 inch Yokohomo hts, Kendwood Door Speakers and Head Unit, 10 Inch kicker sub w/ built in amp, Many More To Come
    The noise everyone is hearing is the lower control arm bolts. Not the actual bolts that adjust your camber/caster, but the ones you loosen to actually do the adjusting. If they are loose you hear your control arm shifting in the bushings. Tighten those bitches to 100ft pounds. (Actual torque specs) and you should be good.

9. Sep 21, 2014 at 5:30 PM
    Blake28104

Blake28104 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Phenix City Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner SR5 W/ 3" Toytec Lift
    Areo Turbine Muffler 4" Roll SS Tips at 45 3'' Toytec Lift Toytec Rear 2" AAL's 20" KMC Monsters Nitto Terra Grapplers 33" 275-60-20 6000K Fog 6000K RETROFIT Headlight HIDs BY: Morimoto LED Led Corner Lights LED Tag Lights Flat Tinted Tag Cover Memphis PR1000.1 Amp 2 Rockford Fosgate P3s Scanguage11
    I finally Found that there was a spring and bar was popping on the rear drums inside the rear brakes after installing new rear shoes . problem sound I been dealing with for 2 years is finally gone. Sad thing is 3 different techs at Toyota couldn't even find where the noise was coming from or what could be causing it .

Products Discussed in

To Top