Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All Dealers The Same?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Waverly has a spectacular aura aboutWaverly has a spectacular aura about

Waverly's Tacoma Gallery
All Dealers The Same?

I had to have a power steering pump put on my truck. I am probably over picky with my vehicles....As you know...the way the grills on our trucks are...mechanics have to be careful while bending over...working in the engine bay ....with their buttoned shirts...NOT SCRATCH THE TOP OF THE CHROME GRILLS!! He even put on small scratch on the head light cover.
Do they have protective type covers they can drape over fenders and grills to keep from marring up our $30.000+ truck while working on them anymore?
I am not going to raise hell this time....but if there is a next time...I am going to take some kind of a blanket or cover with me and tell the service manger to please have the mech to use it!
By the way.....is there anything on the market out there that will cover these scratches on the chrome plated grills???
Thanks
Old 10-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Yea they have covers they're supposed to use. I freakin feel you dude, I bought a new Tacoma with ToyoCare...just had my 10k done and the douche took forever to change my oil, plus didn't put down any coverings when checking the cabin filter and got greasy smudges all over my carpet and door sill. I'm pretty pissed and thinking of just saying screw the free services and doing it myself. I hate someone else messing up my stuff.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I do all my own maintenance. And no, not all dealers are the same. They should use the protective mats, but most are too lazy to.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
rodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rodney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
I'm pretty pissed and thinking of just saying screw the free services and doing it myself. I hate someone else messing up my stuff.
exactly why i do all my own work. i have an 11, which i already did one oil change. and i plan on doing the rest.

some 4cyl truck have had clutch issues, and i already told the wife if the clutch goes i am doing it, not having the dealer do it.

many say if you have a warranty, use it. but, i think the average tech does not care about what he works on, and it always trying to make hours on the job, thus rushing. short of a motor/trans, my truck is not going back to the dealer.