Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bad HID ballast or hid bulb?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID
Glamis is on a distinguished road
Glamis's Tacoma Gallery
bad HID ballast or hid bulb?

My left HID light that has a slight flicker to it and the bulb is not as bright as right side. Would this be a bad ballast or bad bulb? The kit is new and i let the lights run for 10 min 3 times. The flicker is slight but i can see it.

I have tested it with the truck running and with the truck off.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
where did you get the hids from
Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID
Glamis is on a distinguished road
Glamis's Tacoma Gallery
I got it at an off road show about a week ago. I have HID kits on my sand rail and bikes. Never had one problem. It is a plug and play kit with a relay powered off the battery. went right in to the truck with no BS
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
hevimudin is on a distinguished road
Name: tim
hevimudin's Tacoma Gallery
You meed a warning cancelor. They are fairly cheap should fix your problem
Old 02-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
I guarantee its the ballast. I've gone through two kits. First were Xentec kits. they flickered. I changed bulbs, got a canceler, a battery harness, and it still flickered. When I did my retro, I got the morimoto ballasts and they work perfectly. My fogs still use the Xentex ballasts and not only do they flicker still, but the color is different than the headlights, and they are all 4.3k. I switched one of the morimoto ballasts Into my fogs, and the flickering stopped AND the color changed to the true color. Get new ballasts, youll be good to go.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #7
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the EXACT same problem, bought a whole new Philips kit (around $300 i believe) and it's still not working, saving money to try out a retrofit since it looks like it works fine for everyone on here. Hope it's not another waste of money.