Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Oh no a scratch

Old 11-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Oh no a scratch

How many scratches do you have on your taco yesterday I saw a scratch in my truck and I'm unhappy, do you think the touch up paint will be efficient?it is not a light scratch
Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
pobrecito
Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I stopped counting.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda just shrug off scratches.

I hear if you keep your truck waxed it helps with trail pin stripes though.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
i received trail pin stripes like a week after my first payment...still there u just have to look at em from an angle to see
Old 11-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Oh no! a scratch

How many scratches do you have on your taco? yesterday I saw a scratch in my truck made by my sister's bicycle and I'm unhappy, why they don't make a more heavy duty paint for our taco? do you think the touch up paint will be efficient?it is not a light scratch
Old 11-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I bought mine used with some scratches. The wife is going to get them repaired for me for Christmas.
hell yeah!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I have a few nasty ones, I have not found anything yet that has proven effective.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Threads merged, please don't double post threads.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I bought mine used with some scratches. The wife is going to get them repaired for me for Christmas.
Augh, you're going to join us in the paranoia. If I bought used with scratches, I'd be more inclined to go 'roading.

I got some blood on the seat and spazzed out until guys here helped me clean it with oxy-clean.

I have one chip on the driver's side of the hood. I'm currently too busy at work to do proper agonizing. Other than that, no dents, dings, scratches, spills, bugs, discoloration, or stains! It's both passion and pain. An ugly beater is sometimes liberating.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
the other day i put one on the entire driver side, with a damn branch i didnt saw, it was from the front flare then up to below the mirror then both doors going down and ended on the low part of the back fender flare... damn it.... i almost took it all off, i need to polish it with a machine...
Old 11-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
Crazy Person.....
br217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nicebr217398 is just really nice
br217398's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to br217398

I used to freak out about a scratch, but i have two matching dents in my bumper due to idots tailgating(and my brakes working real well)
you will always have a scratch here or there on the truck, i would say no biggie
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
a damn branch i didnt saw
Dat dem thar branch jibbly jumpin' done out at yew... damn dern mudder nature and hurrr wiley ways!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #16
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ yay, i know people that talk like that too

I have found that waxing in combonation with meguieres scratch removal really helps the level 1 to level 2 scratch. i just keep a nice finish on it. cant even tell it till you get right at the Scratch
Old 11-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #17
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
It's a truck.... it should be used as such. Scratches will be inevitable. I took my truck off on a trail before she even had 800 miles on the ODO and got a few minor AZ pinstripes. Proud badges they are. That being said I still do my best to avoid getting scratches and dings (my buddy slammed my other buddy's charger door into it one night at work... we had to give him crap for weeks about dinging our cars up).
Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
You can go a few ways.....fork out the money and get it fixed, then in 2 weeks it happens again somewhere else.
Fix what you can with touch up paint and go on, wait until a major issue and get it fixed during the other body/paint work, or live with it.
I stopped counting scratches and chips a long time ago, everytime I fixed them they came back somewhere else.
I consider them like scars, I know when and where they came from, good or bad, painful and not.......