1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

speedometer accuracy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by malibu2a, Oct 4, 2011.

1. May 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    Finally found a free android gps app that does trip distance and everything else: GPS Essentials. I was using another one that did mph but no trip. Fully configurable page too. On to more calibrating!

If you have an iphone, well, you have my sympathy. :p

At least the speedo is better than the 6th gen Honda Civics. Never saw one less than 3 mph high. Mine was 4.5 mph high, ugh that was a lot of math when going through different speed limits.

2. May 2, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    lowzone

lowzone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Earth aka NJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM AC 2.7L 5 spd SR5
    future plan of 2" drop and any type of rim thats not a steelie. grille and BHLM mods, maybe....
    actually i have a 7/100 toyota Bumper to bumper warranty, regardless, i have 32k on my truck and its 2 yrs old, and if my motor goes at 102k, it would actually been at 99k...and covered ;)
    but im not worried about the motor/trans, as much as the rear axle and the traction control stuff...but its more about not getting what you pay for...yeah im cheap :)

3. May 4, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    I think we used a travelled route that we measured with two vehicles or something to figure out if mileage was affected too. You're right, 3% is not bad, my 7-8% is worse, but I would bet a paycheck that the manufacturer would be fixing this issue pretty quickly if the speedometer was running 8% too slow! That way you could easily get another 8000miles free.
    Also consider leases. They love to penalize people on excess mileage.
    Our Liberty was a former daily rental. Although most places offer unlimited mileage with rental, some dont. And they will quickly charge you accordingly.

Products Discussed in

To Top