LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Thinkin about trading in the tacoma..

Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
TN TACO
TRDSPORT89 is just really niceTRDSPORT89 is just really niceTRDSPORT89 is just really niceTRDSPORT89 is just really nice
Name: Mitch
TRDSPORT89's Tacoma Gallery
Thinkin about trading in the tacoma..

I know. it makes me sick to think about it but im thinking very seriously about trading in the tacoma for a brand new subaru wrx premium. ive put alot of work into my truck but my payments are over 500 a month, Ive always wanted a subaru though and if i go that direction my payments would be 200 bucks cheaper... Any ideas? What would you guys do??
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do it.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do... Subaru makes some good stuff!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
can you live without having a truck?
weigh the pros and cons and then make your choice
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
damn..i'm gonna sound like my dad..sorry.

i was the same way. spent my money building up a project instead of paying it off.

if you are going to leave the subie alone, and drive it bone stock. maybe go for it. if you are gonna start the mod bug again, stay put with the truck.

it was a hard lesson to learn, but i quit buying stuff until i payed off my obligations. i would put charges on my CC for mods..doubled my troubles.

jus sayin.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
can you live without having a truck?
weigh the pros and cons and then make your choice

Do you actually use the bed?

200 bucks is a lot of money to save a month.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
TN TACO
TRDSPORT89 is just really niceTRDSPORT89 is just really niceTRDSPORT89 is just really niceTRDSPORT89 is just really nice
no not really.. thats the thing. i have the high lift mounted and jerry cans in the back.. the only reason i use my truck is offroading some and its good to have in the winter..The only thing i would consider doing to the subi is tint windows exaust and maybe a bov. other than that its mean as it is.. comes factory dual exhaust and short throw shifter.. I love my truck to death but after so long i think it might be time for a change
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
The wrx prems sell for 26k-29k here. Don't see that much of a savings Even if the taco was paid for and you got top dollar on trade you'd still be up on payment,unless they quoted you a lease. Your choice, just make a smart one.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
For the love of God don't be a ricer and put on a whistling bov on the car.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
I actually sold my WRX Premium on Saturday to buy my second Tacoma. Here is my two cents-
On gas, you need premium and will get a combined MPG around 23.
The WRX is more fun to drive, but it's NOT a great family car (if that is what you are going for).
Why not just trade your Tacoma in for a newer one, with a lower payment? Don't get me wrong, the WRX is an amazing vehichle, and I've had two, but we needed something we could both drive, and use the bed for things like hauling our bikes and hunting. And please don't get a BOV.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
TN TACO
well i would have my truck paid for the end of next year... but my equity i have built up and all and the 5 year financing it lowers my payment to around 300 a month verses 500 for my truck... and a subi is far from a ricer i would say... you cant compare them to civics and all that crap with stuff done to it. haha just sayin
Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
TN TACO
well thats just it. it still has enough room for the car seat..ive just been wanting a subi for forever. its been one of my dream cars... ive had my tacoma since 06 now and have enjoyed the heck out of it but like i said i dont haul anything in it so the bed dont matter... and hunting we have 66 acres that boarders national forest so i walk out my door into the woods..
Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
Banned
Any car can be a ricer. All it takes is a ricer mod like a squeaky BOV.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
A WRX is as close as you can get to a factory ricer :P
Old 10-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
That being said. If you can afford the gas, and both can drive manual, I say go for it. I LOVED my WRX(s). They are a blast to drive. I actually have the shift knob from my WRX on my new Tacoma.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #16
TN TACO
haha i consider a ricer a civic or something like that. nothing really fast just alot of mods for nothing... subaru in my opinion can hold its own with alot and it doesnt take alot to make them quick as hell.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #17
Forging Elite Fitness

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc350 View Post
A WRX is as close as you can get to a factory ricer :P

WRXs and EVOs are far from ricers. Hondas with loud coffe can pipes are ricers.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
TN TACO
well the side to this story is that my wife cant drive a stick... but shes gettin a house out of this deal so the cheaper payment is great but its a car i can still have as much fun in as i had in my tacoma. I guess it works out each way
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
Forging Elite Fitness

Army:
Is it going to be your only car? I only ask if say, you can't drive for some reason, it will put you guys in a bind. Hold on tight if you buy it by the way.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDSPORT89 View Post
well the side to this story is that my wife cant drive a stick... but shes gettin a house out of this deal so the cheaper payment is great but its a car i can still have as much fun in as i had in my tacoma. I guess it works out each way
wow. you're married!

that changes my answer. when you get a house, you will need the truck. this is the first thing i did when i bought my house.
Attached Thumbnails
Thinkin about trading in the tacoma..-best1115435320.jpg