Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rock nicks on toyota

Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
808brian is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
808brian's Tacoma Gallery
Rock nicks on toyota

First timeowning a truck.sold lexus is250 for a new 2010 black tacoma. Does toyota paint
Sucks or is rock nicks normal for trucks? I have it all over my truck. And its not just a few like more than ten. In less than a year. No off roading just reg diving. And im in hawaii. No freeways here. My lexus I had 2 only for 3 years.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Yup its mudflaps are on. Is it a truck thing that it picks up rock nicks? Or toyota has shitty paint.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808brian View Post
Yup its mudflaps are on. Is it a truck thing that it picks up rock nicks? Or toyota has shitty paint.
The paint seems a little fragile .

I have a lot of chips too .
Old 10-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First timeowning a truck.sold lexus is250 for a new 2010 black tacoma. Does toyota paint
Sucks or is rock nicks normal for trucks? I have it all over my truck. And its not just a few like more than ten. In less than a year. No off roading just reg diving. And im in hawaii. No freeways here. My lexus I had 2 only for 3 years.
Wow! I sold my Black 2009 Lexus IS350 fully modded to buy my Black 2011 Tacoma PreRunner.....Well....I sold my IS350 because I only needed one car and my other car was a Black 2010 Porsche Carrera S....

I had my Tacoma since New Year's Eve 2010 have no rock chips so far..... I knew that driving fast had an advantage.....

You should leave a distance when following behind cars especially trucks.....

Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
ur not talking about the orange peel effect on the rocker panels are you?

that would be normal
No I know thats orange peel ha. Im talking rock nicks that go thru your paint
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The paint seems a little fragile .

I have a lot of chips too .
What year you got?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What year you got?

it says so over there

<<<<<------------
Old 10-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah well, urs says Peter North

YOU HEARD OF ME ?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Wow! I sold my Black 2009 Lexus IS350 fully modded to buy my Black 2011 Tacoma PreRunner.....Well....I sold my IS350 because I only needed one car and my other car was a Black 2010 Porsche Carrera S....

I had my Tacoma since New Year's Eve 2010 have no rock chips so far..... I knew that driving fast had an advantage.....

You should leave a distance when following behind cars especially trucks.....

Sick bro. Yeah I had a white 2006 is250. Got tired of it. Needed a truck so I could work and surf. Love the car but im glad I got the truck. Just a few stuffs like the paint and my headlight lens thats peeling I gota deal with. And dont worry ull get some rock nicks soon ha. I do stay away from trucks and cars esp wen they got no mud flaps.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
Quote:
I have 1 thanks to my tires.........Sorry that sucks
I got like twenty all over . Only a year old. Sucks. ...
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
Quote:
fixed

My bad chicka. Hot local chicka ha
Old 10-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got like twenty all over . Only a year old. Sucks. ...
You run on gravel ?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You run on gravel ?
No just reg driving. I dont off road or on gravel. I do drive slower and stay behind trucks . I acutually try to avoid getting nicks but I some how get it. Ha. Do u have aot
? I think its a truck thing. I rarely had on my car. Only time was wen some one was fricken weed wacking and flew rocks everywhere. I was pissed
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No just reg driving. I dont off road or on gravel. I do drive slower and stay behind trucks . I acutually try to avoid getting nicks but I some how get it. Ha. Do u have aot
? I think its a truck thing. I rarely had on my car. Only time was wen some one was fricken weed wacking and flew rocks everywhere. I was pissed

My Hankook MT's pick up a handful of 3/4" rocks per tire every day and heave them at my truck .

I have a few nicks , yes .

Get a touch up pen at the dealership
Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sick bro. Yeah I had a white 2006 is250. Got tired of it. Needed a truck so I could work and surf. Love the car but im glad I got the truck. Just a few stuffs like the paint and my headlight lens thats peeling I gota deal with. And dont worry ull get some rock nicks soon ha. I do stay away from trucks and cars esp wen they got no mud flaps.
I also had the TOUCH GUARD PAINT SEALANT put on my truck as soon as I got it to protect the paint from anything that lands on it.....I had my friend put on extra layers on the roof....hood..... Not worried about rock chips cause it's bound to happen in time nothing you can do about it.....
Old 10-04-2011, 11:07 PM   #18
Quote:
I also had the TOUCH GUARD PAINT SEALANT put on my truck as soon as I got it to protect the paint from anything that lands on it.....I had my friend put on extra layers on the roof....hood..... Not worried about rock chips cause it's bound to happen in time nothing you can do about it.....
What kind of sealant? I put a glare sealant on. Yea true your bound to get nicks but not this much wit little time lol. I wud think drivin on oahu u wud get alot.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Quote:

Btw, selling your lexus, did you sell it a good price uwanted? Alot of people where calling from oahu for mines. Sold mines for 23. & it was a 06
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #20
My Toys.....

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of sealant? I put a glare sealant on. Yea true your bound to get nicks but not this much wit little time lol. I wud think drivin on oahu u wud get alot.
TOUCHGUARD PAINT SEALANT are applied by car detailers.....Cost varies from $600 up.....They have to strip off your wax....wash.....clay.....apply sealant.....ALL DAY PROCESS..... Well.....Worth the money.....