Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fake Crhome vs Color Matched Grills

Old 10-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Fake Crhome vs Color Matched Grills

I have a 06 TRD Off-Road Tacoma, so I have the fake chrome grill, and I hate it, I am thinking of just painting it to match the rest of my truck, but my question is are the fake chrome grill surround and the color matched grill surround the same, just a difference in finish or is the color matched surround slightly different?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
Different finish.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #3
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The color matched fits the same, if I understood your question correctly. I swapped an 11 color-matched grille out on my 05. It took about 5 minutes. Super easy.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
I have a 06 TRD Off-Road Tacoma, so I have the fake chrome grill, and I hate it, I am thinking of just painting it to match the rest of my truck, but my question is are the fake chrome grill surround and the color matched grill surround the same, just a difference in finish or is the color matched surround slightly different?
The chrome and color matched grilles for a certain year are the same. 2005 to 2009 I believe are identical, 2010 was a little different with the gray center and 2011 had the honeycomb center mesh. All grilles from 2005 to 2011 are interchangeable as far as fit is concerned.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
magnetic10 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Firefighter-EMT
Name: Don
magnetic10's Tacoma Gallery
Just have the one you have painted. Did this with my chrome one, turned out great.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
NoelsMyKuya is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
NoelsMyKuya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic10 View Post
Just have the one you have painted. Did this with my chrome one, turned out great.
x2!! Just as long as the body shop you take it to know what there doing, it will come out looking brand new!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
you know you can pressure wash the chrome off... i did it and had mine color matched, if you paint over chrome, the first big bug/rock/etc. hits it, it will flake