Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Prerunner load capacity

Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
bagster is on a distinguished road
Army: dog handler
bagster's Tacoma Gallery
Prerunner load capacity

I have a stock 2010 SR5 Prerunner. I'm driving 30 miles to get some asphalt shingles, and I'm wondering how much I can safely haul. Would 600 pounds be too much? I'm still running the sorry Dunlap tires.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Should be fine. Check you manual for payload capacity.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
590 Kg.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Tacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud ofTacologist has much to be proud of
Navy: 2nd class electronic tech.
Name: Bob
Tacologist's Tacoma Gallery
I just hauled one ton of rocks in the bed for about 20 miles. TSB rear leaf spring done and it only bottomed out once.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
600lbs will be fine. Load them more toward the front of the bed rather than behind the axle.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
600 lbs. is nothing.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Mine without the aal bottomed out with a couple of feathers in it.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Mine without the aal bottomed out with a couple of feathers in it.
You need the helium balloon mod. One per feather.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
gooberpeas is on a distinguished road

gooberpeas's Tacoma Gallery
I hauled a pallet of sod this summer....they said it weighed between 1800 & 2000 lbs.....

the truck handled the load fine, but I could tell it was overloaded...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...p/photo/177178
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
You need the helium balloon mod. One per feather.
xinfinity
Old 10-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberpeas View Post
I hauled a pallet of sod this summer....they said it weighed between 1800 & 2000 lbs.....

the truck handled the load fine, but I could tell it was overloaded...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...p/photo/177178
Regular cab 4 banger FTW.

1200+ lbs of hardwood flooring (added another 500+ lbs with me and my buddy + a lot of other tools).

Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #12
GregRF is on a distinguished road
GregRF's Tacoma Gallery
According to the '07 Brochure for Prerunner Payload:

Standard: 1640lb
Access (manual): 1610lb
Access (auto): 1505lb
Dbl Cab (auto): 1505lb
Dbl Longbed: 1450lb

I've had 1000+lb of concrete sacks and drove fine. In fact the standard cab prerunner handles a bit better with a few hundred pounds back there.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #13
lmcc007 is on a distinguished road

Name: Charles
lmcc007's Tacoma Gallery
I've had around 1000 lbs in the bed of my truck. I added airbags because it does sag a bit and you can feel the weight, but the truck handled it fine. Gas mileage will suffer a lot though if you run it over 65 when it's fully loaded.